- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 New Features
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery
- Buy Cheap Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training
- Download Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Download Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition
- Buy OEM Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
- Download Adobe Captivate 5 MAC
- Buy Photoshop Elements 7 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Roxio Toast 9 Titanium MAC
- Buy Best Software ACT! 2005 (en)
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
|Editor & Business Manager: Kathleen McCarthy||| Print ||
|River Cities Reader Staff|
|Friday, 12 May 2006 00:44|
563.324.0049 extension 201
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The River Cities Reader, founded in 1993, is an independently owned weekly newspaper based in Davenport, Iowa and circulated at over 900 locations throughout the Quad Cities metro area and outlying communities adjacent to the Quad Cities. The Reader's format is tabloid size on newsprint. The Reader's masthead reads "business, politics, arts and culture". The Reader positions itself as the "alternative" press for the Quad Cities.
The River Cities Reader was first published in October 1993 as a monthly. In June 1995, the Reader began a weekly publishing schedule. The paper was founded by owners Kathleen McCarthy and Todd McGreevy who still remain active in its operation as editor and publisher, respectively. Jeff Ignatius, the publication's managing editor, has been with the Reader since 2000.
The Reader is the Quad Cities' primary source of event information and critical reviews for regional art exhibitions, music concerts, and theatrical performances. In addition, the Reader serves the community as the civic watchdog for local business and political issues. The Reader also provides full-length interviews and in-depth articles with local artists and politicians as well as nationally renowned figures such as former FEC chairman Bradley A. Smith, actor/artist Kris Kristofferson and Ian Anderson, leader of the rock band Jethro Tull.
Tags See All Tags