|Downtown Davenport Corner Lots & Historic Buildings For Sale||| Print ||
|Tuesday, 03 May 2011 00:00|
COMMERCIAL BUILDING, VICTORIAN HOUSE, GARAGE & GREEN SPACE Commercial Building 528-532 W 3rd Street - Davenport, IA 52801 The historic Ranzow & Sons Glass & Paint Emporium building at the corner of Western & 3rd Streets in downtown Davenport was built in 1875 and has been preserved, rehabbed and occupied by the owners of the River Cities' Reader newspaper since 1999. The first floor 3000 square feet has two storefront metal column entrances, large storefront windows and retail risers. Beautiful hardwood floors, high ceilings, exposed brick, major perimeter shelving, original light fixtures, ceiling fans, kitchenette, handicap accessible men's & women's restrooms, fully wired with highspeed service to 16 LAN & phone ports. Floor to ceiling arched carriage doors remain preserved and accessible out onto a rear brick driveway courtyard. The Ranzow Building is on the National Register of Historic Buildings and has a superbly preserved brick facade and roof line ornamentation. The second floor, also 3000 square feet, has three revenue generating studio apartments and one revenue generating large apartment, which also operates as a commercial business. Modern plumbing upgrades throughout. 2 Central Air and 2 Furnaces with separate climate controls for entire first floor. 2 Furnaces with separate climate controls for 2nd floor. New roof in 2004. Free on street parking on west side of building. Metered street parking on south front facade side. The lot size is 66x70'. Victorian House 309 Western Avenue - Davenport, IA 52801 In 1890, Chas F. Ranzow built a two-story Victorian style residence on the lot (40x70') directly north of the commercial building. Having operated a hardware and wall covering store for three generations from this commanding central business district corner, the Ranzow home is a veritable trove of period wall paper, wood molding, fixtures and banisters. The brick structure home had an entire new roof system, soffets and gutters installed, sealing the lid for future generations in 2002. The house is also on the National Register of Historic Buildings. It has four entrances, front and back stairwells, two first floor small porches, one bathroom and potential walk out 2nd floor porch, three bedrooms on second floor, kitchen and two great rooms on first floor. Basement has original brick lined heat duct system. Walk up to open ceiling loft attic can make another great bedroom, office or excellent storage. The home has remained unoccupied since the owners of the Reader purchased it. The home has been stabilized and preserved for future development and used sparingly for storage and recently was rented as a set for filming an independent motion picture. While, the house will require extensive plumbing and HVAC upgrades to be suitable for either a commercial or residence occupancy, this one of a kind property is structurally sound, (large limestone foundation, brick exterior), superbly preserved, and sits adjacent to the 43x85' lot green space, and two story 1920's cinderblock garage. Large trees line the west side of the wide sidewalk from the corner of W 3rd all the way to the northern most green space property line adjacent to an alley on Western Avenue. The two story cinderblock garage, has 220 volt electrical service and a wood fired furnace and is accessible via a street accessible driveway that runs between the building and house.
Tags See All Tags