- 79.95$ Adobe Captivate 3 cheap oem
- Download Mariner StoryMill 3 MAC
- Download Nuance OmniPage Professional 16
- Discount - Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Drupal 7: Reporting and Visualizing Data cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (en)
- Discount - ABest AVI Video Converter
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 MAC
- 149.95$ Corel Painter X MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ Smith Micro PoserPro 2010 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - PHP Essential Training
- Buy Acala DVD Zune Ripper (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Sony Cinescore (en)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
|A Gesture Captured in a Year: The Quad Cities’ Katie Kiley Wins Two Awards at New York City Invitational|
|Art - Reviews|
|Written by Jeff Ignatius|
|Wednesday, 24 May 2006 00:11|
At her house, Katie Kiley is drawing in India ink on a wooden vase created by Steve Sinner. Using magnifying-glass headgear and two of the finest-point pens she could find, she’s creating eight panels around the vase, depicting scenes from a California town. The naked eye can’t appreciate the level of detail, and each panel takes two weeks to complete, she said.
Sinner expects to sell the piece for $20,000, Kiley said, and she’s being extremely careful with the vessel. “I have this resting on a down pillow,” she said.
Sinner, of course, is among the most highly regarded artists in the Quad Cities, and Kiley notes that he knows what price his work commands. But she is no slouch, as evidenced by two awards she won in the 181st Invitational Exhibition of Contemporary American Art, presented by the National Academy in New York City.
The academy, also known as the National Academy of Design, was established in 1825, and its membership has included Norman Rockwell, political cartoonist Thomas Nast, landscape artist Frederic Edwin Church, sculptor Frederick William MacMonnies, and comic-book artist Irv Novick.
Kiley’s intaglio print, Invitation to Enlightenment, was awarded the Paul & Magaret Bertelson Prize and the Samuel F.B. Morse Medal in this year’s show, which opened May 11. The medal is “one of the Academy’s most prestigious awards,” the show’s brochure noted, but Kiley was particularly interested in the $750 cash prize associated with the other honor. “Tell me about the cash,” she said. The award was “the biggest I’ve ever received.”
Tags See All Tags