- Discount - Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition MAC
- Discount - Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (32-bit)
- 259.95$ Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012 cheap oem
- Download Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - InDesign Tables In Depth
- Buy Lynda.com - iOS 5 SDK New Features (en)
- Discount - Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Irish (Level 1)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals cheap oem
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010
- Discount - Ableton Live 9 Suite
|The ABCs of the Davenport Promise|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 02 March 2009 08:10|
Here are the ABCs of the Davenport Promise.
A. Promise is a scheme to take city taxpayer money from improving Davenport streets, sewers, and other infrastructure and use it to try to attract residents with children to bolster enrollment in Davenport schools.
B. The Upjohn study funded by Promise backers says the likelihood of the plan working as hoped has "a high level of uncertainty." Those are fancy words for "don't hold your breath."
C. The plan contains no commitment by Davenport schools to improve graduation rates and student academic performance, measures currently below neighboring Iowa districts. It divides students within the district between Davenporters who are eligible for scholarship help and those in the district but outside the city who are not eligible. That doesn't sound right.
Summary: A. Unwise, B. Unlikely, C. Unfair.
Vote "No" for the Davenport Promise referendum March 3.
Tags See All Tags