- 199.95$ Autodesk NavisWorks Manage 2009 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate 4
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- Buy Cheap ConceptDraw Office Professional 8
- Download CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2010 (en)
- 399.95$ Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- 349.95$ Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Office 2008 cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
|The ABCs of the Davenport Promise|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 02 March 2009 08:10|
Here are the ABCs of the Davenport Promise.
A. Promise is a scheme to take city taxpayer money from improving Davenport streets, sewers, and other infrastructure and use it to try to attract residents with children to bolster enrollment in Davenport schools.
B. The Upjohn study funded by Promise backers says the likelihood of the plan working as hoped has "a high level of uncertainty." Those are fancy words for "don't hold your breath."
C. The plan contains no commitment by Davenport schools to improve graduation rates and student academic performance, measures currently below neighboring Iowa districts. It divides students within the district between Davenporters who are eligible for scholarship help and those in the district but outside the city who are not eligible. That doesn't sound right.
Summary: A. Unwise, B. Unlikely, C. Unfair.
Vote "No" for the Davenport Promise referendum March 3.
Tags See All Tags