- Buy Cheap Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Up And Running With Tumblr
- Download OmniGroup OmniPlan MAC
- Download Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Buy OEM Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Download Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5 MAC
- 19.95$ BurnAware Professional cheap oem
- Buy OEM VMware Fusion 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Red Giant Color Suite 11
- Buy Cheap Altova Umodel Enterprise 2009
- Download ConeXware PowerArchiver 2009
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals (en)
|The ABCs of the Davenport Promise|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 02 March 2009 08:10|
Here are the ABCs of the Davenport Promise.
A. Promise is a scheme to take city taxpayer money from improving Davenport streets, sewers, and other infrastructure and use it to try to attract residents with children to bolster enrollment in Davenport schools.
B. The Upjohn study funded by Promise backers says the likelihood of the plan working as hoped has "a high level of uncertainty." Those are fancy words for "don't hold your breath."
C. The plan contains no commitment by Davenport schools to improve graduation rates and student academic performance, measures currently below neighboring Iowa districts. It divides students within the district between Davenporters who are eligible for scholarship help and those in the district but outside the city who are not eligible. That doesn't sound right.
Summary: A. Unwise, B. Unlikely, C. Unfair.
Vote "No" for the Davenport Promise referendum March 3.
Tags See All Tags