- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS6 (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs,ko)
- Discount - Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects MAC
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 9.95$ Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS MAC cheap oem
- 39.95$ ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012 (32 bit)
- Discount - Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014 MAC
|Can Tolerate No Opinions Other Than Their Own|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Friday, 27 October 2000 18:00|
Our thin-skinned County Supervisors can tolerate no opinions but their own.
Their October 24 gang reply to my criticism of their wasteful spending
habits raises more questions than their misleading assertions answer.
Whoever wrote the letter for them couldn't have attended the same hearing
the rest of us did.
Question: Who told Mr. McChurch and his attorney that they did not need to be available for questions at the hearing as the attorney's letter of September 12 states?
Question: If the county already owns five houses closer to the courthouse than the rented building, why don't we convert some of those into temporary office space and recoup the investment by selling them when we're done?
Question: Since taxes are based on sale price, and the sale price of the building was one dollar and the only taxable improvements to the building will be the taxpayer funded remodeling, and the tenant has to pay the taxes, will we the taxpayers be the only group paying taxes?
Fact: To hold a hearing on a lease, a lease must actually exist, not a blank form. No proper lease existed at the time of the hearing, only letters from the attorney representing the landlord and memos from staff. Contrary to the board's statement, the hearing was held on the letter from the lawyer, not on the lease.
Fact: The hearing was set at a meeting 2 days before it was held. Hardly the kind of 'public notice' citizens could wish for and no time to publicly examine or discuss the merits of the issue. Fact: The hearing was a farce since the landlord, his attorney, the county administrator and the county director of buildings & grounds didn't attend. Contrary to the board's statement, questions remain unanswered.
Fact: The board cut off public discussion and closed the hearing when it was decided that I asked too many questions.
Whether one favors the decision by the board or not, THIS IS NOT GOOD, OPEN GOVERNMENT!
Karl J. Rhomberg, candidate for County Supervisor
Tags See All Tags