- Download Adobe Prelude CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Panic Transmit 4 MAC
- Download Adobe Director 11.5 MAC
- Download Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference
- 19.95$ Macromates TextMate MAC cheap oem
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Full LifeTime License)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 New Features
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium MAC (en,cs,da,de,es,fi,fr,mr,it,ja,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,sv)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training cheap oem
|Can Tolerate No Opinions Other Than Their Own|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Friday, 27 October 2000 18:00|
Our thin-skinned County Supervisors can tolerate no opinions but their own.
Their October 24 gang reply to my criticism of their wasteful spending
habits raises more questions than their misleading assertions answer.
Whoever wrote the letter for them couldn't have attended the same hearing
the rest of us did.
Question: Who told Mr. McChurch and his attorney that they did not need to be available for questions at the hearing as the attorney's letter of September 12 states?
Question: If the county already owns five houses closer to the courthouse than the rented building, why don't we convert some of those into temporary office space and recoup the investment by selling them when we're done?
Question: Since taxes are based on sale price, and the sale price of the building was one dollar and the only taxable improvements to the building will be the taxpayer funded remodeling, and the tenant has to pay the taxes, will we the taxpayers be the only group paying taxes?
Fact: To hold a hearing on a lease, a lease must actually exist, not a blank form. No proper lease existed at the time of the hearing, only letters from the attorney representing the landlord and memos from staff. Contrary to the board's statement, the hearing was held on the letter from the lawyer, not on the lease.
Fact: The hearing was set at a meeting 2 days before it was held. Hardly the kind of 'public notice' citizens could wish for and no time to publicly examine or discuss the merits of the issue. Fact: The hearing was a farce since the landlord, his attorney, the county administrator and the county director of buildings & grounds didn't attend. Contrary to the board's statement, questions remain unanswered.
Fact: The board cut off public discussion and closed the hearing when it was decided that I asked too many questions.
Whether one favors the decision by the board or not, THIS IS NOT GOOD, OPEN GOVERNMENT!
Karl J. Rhomberg, candidate for County Supervisor
Tags See All Tags