- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 MAC
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 6 MAC
- 149.95$ MathWorks MatLab R2010b cheap oem
- Buy OEM OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual
- Download PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Download GibbsCAM 2013 32-bit
- Download Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9
- Download Symantec Norton Ghost™ 15.0
- 89.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 MAC cheap oem
- Download Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC
- Discount - Apple Final Cut Express 4 MAC
|Davenport Must Improve Its Schools|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 26 February 2009 14:06|
I just wanted to provide an insight from a family that left Davenport because of the schools. I grew up in Bettendorf, moved to Davenport, and after having children moved them to Geneseo, as I refused to put them in the Davenport school system. As a parent, I would not subject my children to 13 years in that school system to earn money for college. Not only is the crime rate in that school system high, but the schools do not adequately prepare the kids for college.
It boggles my mind that this program is based on the premise that there is a budding group of geniuses in Davenport that have the abilities, drive, and desire to go to college, but not the funds. In actuality, there is an abundance of programs designed to help underprivileged, deserving children get to college.
If they really want to keep young families like mine in Davenport, they should redirect these funds into making Davenport a safer place to live and improve the schools K-12 to compete with school systems like Geneseo and Bettendorf.
Good luck on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't pass!
Tags See All Tags