- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
- Download Lynda.com - Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS6 (en,ko,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,no,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 for the Web (en)
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Download How to Do Everything Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 MAC
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Hindi (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (en)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 cheap oem
- Discount - LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC
- 99.95$ Adobe Photoshop Top Secret cheap oem
|Davenport Must Improve Its Schools|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 26 February 2009 14:06|
I just wanted to provide an insight from a family that left Davenport because of the schools. I grew up in Bettendorf, moved to Davenport, and after having children moved them to Geneseo, as I refused to put them in the Davenport school system. As a parent, I would not subject my children to 13 years in that school system to earn money for college. Not only is the crime rate in that school system high, but the schools do not adequately prepare the kids for college.
It boggles my mind that this program is based on the premise that there is a budding group of geniuses in Davenport that have the abilities, drive, and desire to go to college, but not the funds. In actuality, there is an abundance of programs designed to help underprivileged, deserving children get to college.
If they really want to keep young families like mine in Davenport, they should redirect these funds into making Davenport a safer place to live and improve the schools K-12 to compete with school systems like Geneseo and Bettendorf.
Good luck on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't pass!
Tags See All Tags