- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 for Photographers New Features (en)
- 59.95$ Nero 11 Platinum cheap oem
- Buy OEM The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - Photoshop CC For Dummies
- Buy ForkLift 2.5 MAC (en)
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014
- 19.95$ Acala DVD iPod Ripper cheap oem
- 269.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 MAC (en)
|Davenport Must Improve Its Schools|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 26 February 2009 14:06|
I just wanted to provide an insight from a family that left Davenport because of the schools. I grew up in Bettendorf, moved to Davenport, and after having children moved them to Geneseo, as I refused to put them in the Davenport school system. As a parent, I would not subject my children to 13 years in that school system to earn money for college. Not only is the crime rate in that school system high, but the schools do not adequately prepare the kids for college.
It boggles my mind that this program is based on the premise that there is a budding group of geniuses in Davenport that have the abilities, drive, and desire to go to college, but not the funds. In actuality, there is an abundance of programs designed to help underprivileged, deserving children get to college.
If they really want to keep young families like mine in Davenport, they should redirect these funds into making Davenport a safer place to live and improve the schools K-12 to compete with school systems like Geneseo and Bettendorf.
Good luck on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't pass!
written by Drewface, March 03, 2009
Tags See All Tags