- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2009
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- Buy Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- 19.95$ Aiseesoft Video Converter 3 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS4 MAC
- Buy Cheap ConceptDraw Office Professional 8
- 279.95$ Autodesk Maya 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ Delicious Library 2 MAC cheap oem
- 79.95$ Altova DiffDog 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC
- Download Adobe InDesign CS4
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
|Davenport Must Improve Its Schools|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 26 February 2009 14:06|
I just wanted to provide an insight from a family that left Davenport because of the schools. I grew up in Bettendorf, moved to Davenport, and after having children moved them to Geneseo, as I refused to put them in the Davenport school system. As a parent, I would not subject my children to 13 years in that school system to earn money for college. Not only is the crime rate in that school system high, but the schools do not adequately prepare the kids for college.
It boggles my mind that this program is based on the premise that there is a budding group of geniuses in Davenport that have the abilities, drive, and desire to go to college, but not the funds. In actuality, there is an abundance of programs designed to help underprivileged, deserving children get to college.
If they really want to keep young families like mine in Davenport, they should redirect these funds into making Davenport a safer place to live and improve the schools K-12 to compete with school systems like Geneseo and Bettendorf.
Good luck on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't pass!
Tags See All Tags