- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat XI Standard
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training
- 9.95$ Photoshop CS5 For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat X Suite
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Bridal Portraits
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- 99.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Macx Video Converter Pro MAC
- 69.95$ Adobe Contribute CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit) (en,fr,de,ja)
|Davenport Must Improve Its Schools|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, 26 February 2009 14:06|
I just wanted to provide an insight from a family that left Davenport because of the schools. I grew up in Bettendorf, moved to Davenport, and after having children moved them to Geneseo, as I refused to put them in the Davenport school system. As a parent, I would not subject my children to 13 years in that school system to earn money for college. Not only is the crime rate in that school system high, but the schools do not adequately prepare the kids for college.
It boggles my mind that this program is based on the premise that there is a budding group of geniuses in Davenport that have the abilities, drive, and desire to go to college, but not the funds. In actuality, there is an abundance of programs designed to help underprivileged, deserving children get to college.
If they really want to keep young families like mine in Davenport, they should redirect these funds into making Davenport a safer place to live and improve the schools K-12 to compete with school systems like Geneseo and Bettendorf.
Good luck on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't pass!
Tags See All Tags