- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS Gradients
- Discount - Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Power Shortcuts
- Discount - Efreesky MagicTweak 4.11
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009
- 59.95$ Adobe SoundBooth CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Punch! Home Design Studio Pro 12 MAC
- Download Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
- Buy Cheap Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Nik Software Viveza 2 (en)
- Buy OEM Avanquest Partition Commander Server Edition 10
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- 59.95$ Intuit Quicken Home & Business 2011 cheap oem
|Downtown Plans Would Decrease Quality of Life|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2001 18:00|
Is the City of Davenport going to have certain significant and substantial increases from the downtown Davenport tourist influx being promoted by certain local interests: more traffic congestion; more unavailable parking spaces; more drug traffic; more sexual prostitution; etc.
? And more taxes to pay the costs of trying to correct and combat these decreases in the Davenport quality of life?
We have not seen or heard these quality-of-life-decreasing consequences forthrightly addressed by the major tourism promoters; DavenportOne; the Quad City Times; the Davenport city-council majority; or certain others.
Is this because even mentioning these possibilities to the citizens of Davenport might cause the latest bigger-and-better downtown-Davenport sales pitch to fail?
Joel D. Weber
Tags See All Tags