- Buy Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
- Buy OEM Avnex Voice Changer Software Diamond Edition 6.0.34
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Captivate CC
- Buy Acala DVD Creator 3 (en)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - Acala DVD Creator 3
- 9.95$ Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Mudbox 2011 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Prosoft Engineering Drive Genius 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit)
|Downtown Plans Would Decrease Quality of Life|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2001 18:00|
Is the City of Davenport going to have certain significant and substantial increases from the downtown Davenport tourist influx being promoted by certain local interests: more traffic congestion; more unavailable parking spaces; more drug traffic; more sexual prostitution; etc.
? And more taxes to pay the costs of trying to correct and combat these decreases in the Davenport quality of life?
We have not seen or heard these quality-of-life-decreasing consequences forthrightly addressed by the major tourism promoters; DavenportOne; the Quad City Times; the Davenport city-council majority; or certain others.
Is this because even mentioning these possibilities to the citizens of Davenport might cause the latest bigger-and-better downtown-Davenport sales pitch to fail?
Joel D. Weber
Tags See All Tags