- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2013 (64-bit) (en)
- Download Lynda.com - Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop and Bridge CS5 for Photographers New Features
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X4
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS5 MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,da,de,es,fi,fr,it,no,nl,pt,sv,cs,hu,pl,ru,tr,uk)
- Buy Cheap GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011
- Download Solidworks 2012 Premium (64-bit)
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012
- Buy Ableton Live 9 Suite (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (64-bit)
|Downtown Plans Would Decrease Quality of Life|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2001 18:00|
Is the City of Davenport going to have certain significant and substantial increases from the downtown Davenport tourist influx being promoted by certain local interests: more traffic congestion; more unavailable parking spaces; more drug traffic; more sexual prostitution; etc.
? And more taxes to pay the costs of trying to correct and combat these decreases in the Davenport quality of life?
We have not seen or heard these quality-of-life-decreasing consequences forthrightly addressed by the major tourism promoters; DavenportOne; the Quad City Times; the Davenport city-council majority; or certain others.
Is this because even mentioning these possibilities to the citizens of Davenport might cause the latest bigger-and-better downtown-Davenport sales pitch to fail?
Joel D. Weber
Tags See All Tags