- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Download Autodesk Softimage 2012 (64-bit)
- 199.95$ DAZ Carrara 8 Pro MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy OEM Cyberlink PowerProducer 5 Ultra
- Download Propellerhead Reason 4
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2014 (32-bit) (de,en,fr,it,ko)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Altova SemanticWorks 2009
- Download Adobe InCopy CS6
|Get Inspired, Get Involved, Give Input|
|Commentary/Politics - Guest Commentaries|
|Tuesday, 01 August 2000 18:00|
The public has an opportunity to submit its individual and collective thoughts about its expectations for a new police and fire chief via this survey and two public meetings scheduled for this week. The survey is equally important because it gives direction to the City as to who, what, why and how to measure the various applicants for these two critically important positions.
We, as a community, keep telling our council and staff that we want to be involved in the process, so here is your chance. This survey is your opportunity to let Mr. Pierce, the City Administrator, to know your thoughts, ideas and priorities for public safety. If we don’t take advantage of this opportunity, then we have noone to blame but ourselves for hiring people who fall short of our expectations. Help Mr. Pierce deliver on this community mission to find and hire the best possible police and fire chief for Davenport. Get inspired, get involved, give input. See you Wednesday and Thursday at the meetings, too.
Next week, look for the “Rules of Order, Business and Proceedings of the City Council of the City of Davenport, Iowa” and the proposed revisions to this protocol presently being discussed by the Quality Assurance Committee in next week’s issue of the Reader.
PUBLIC INPUT SURVEY
The City of Davenport is currently in the process of recruiting two outstanding new Chiefs to lead the City's Police and Fire Departments in this new century. Recently, the City Council approved the hiring of the executive search firm, The Mercer Group led by Senior Vice President Tom Dority, to direct and guide this critically important endeavor. A vital component by Davenport citizens is two Public Focus Group meetings and a citizen survey, first for the Police Chief position, and later for the Fire Chief position. The Police Chief meetings are scheduled at the following locations and times:
Wednesday, August 2 @ 7 p.m.
808 Harrison Street
Davenport, IA 52803
Thursday, August 3 @ 7 p.m.
City Hall Council Chambers
226 West 4th Street
Davenport, IA 52801
These meetings are an opportunity for Davenport citizens to offer ideas and comments about the issues which they believe will face the Police Department in Davenport over the next ten years and beyond. Also, citizens will be asked for their ideas on the necessary and desired characteristics of the next Police Chief for the City of Davenport. Mr. Tom Dority of The Mercer Group will be in attendance to facilitate both of these meetings.
At this time, the Mayor and City Council and I are inviting Davenport citizens to attend one or both of these meetings to share their ideas and comments. If you are unable to attend please take a few moments to respond to the following questionnaire regarding the Police Department and return to me, City Administrator, City Hall; 226 West 4th Street; Davenport, IA 52801, at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your participation in this important community-based process.
James W. Pierce
1. What is your perspective on the current circumstances in the community for:
• crime prevention
• criminal justice
• public safety
• community-oriented policing
• Police/community partnerships
2. What do you see as the issues facing the new Police Chief?
• internal expectations
• ongoing programs
• community expectations
3. What do you see as the appropriate role of the Police Chief in the community?
• visible leader?
• community leader?
• low key, seen and not heard?
4. What do you expect must be the key characteristics of the new Police Chief, beyond the basic qualifications?
• personal qualities
• specific skills
5. What are your expectations for accomplishments of the new Police Chief and the Police Department during the next 5 years?
• in the community
• in the Department
6. Is there someone else we should not miss interviewing to gain a full perspective on this position?
7. Is there anything else that you can advise us that would help us to describe this position accurately for recruiting and for answering questions of candidates?
Tags See All Tags