- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices
- Download Lynda.com - HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvas
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (32-bit)
- Discount - Dreamweaver CC For Dummies
- Download Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (32-bit)
- 39.95$ Lavalys Everest Ultimate 4.5 cheap oem
- Download Apple Mac Box Set
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit) (de,en,es,it)
- Discount - Adobe Flash CS3 Professional
- Buy Cheap Nik Software HDR Efex Pro
- 249.95$ Red Giant Color Suite 11 cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- 199.95$ DAZ Carrara 8 Pro cheap oem
|Independence for Whom?|
|Commentary/Politics - Editorials|
|Tuesday, 02 July 2002 18:00|
Independence Day should be dearer to Americans than ever before. We should all
reflect on what independence actually means to us, both individually and as a citizenry. Most Americans equate independence with freedom that accompanies a democracy.
But the democracy that allows for freedom is dependent on upholding the very precious rights of each individual citizen. Nothing should diminish these rights, including the threat of terrorism. Instead, the rights of each of us should be non-negotiable in finding solutions to combat the evil that permeates terrorism on every level.
Currently, the federal government is initiating policy and legislation that could severely undermine our individual rights. Security has been the launch pad for numerous programs and processes that should be publicly scrutinized before implemented. Instead, a shadow government is operating with little or no challenge, and the media is turning a blind eye to it.
Independence means that we have the freedom as a nation to participate in our destiny. Be watchful, debate the issue of security versus freedom with your family and friends, define what security is for America, and then engage in determining what you will or will not tolerate in terms of its cost. Once you have asserted this much independence, the rest will fall into place.
It’s Survey Time Again
Please take the time to fill out the reader survey on page 6. The information is invaluable to us in continuing to provide you with a publication that is meaningful for you. It also helps us identify our market, which enables us to attract our advertisers. Without our advertisers, we would not be able to produce this community newspaper. We believe our advertisers truly benefit from their presence in our publication because we keep in touch with our readership via such things as this survey, helping advertisers to reach an audience that, in turn, genuinely benefits from their products or services. It is a win-win-win situation. Thank you in advance for participating. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tags See All Tags