- Buy OEM IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Up and Running with Evernote for Windows
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
- 199.95$ Artlantis Studio 5 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2008 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 MAC (en,es,de,fr,it,ja)
- 29.95$ Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 MAC (64-bit) cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Flash Professional CS5 & Flash Catalyst CS5 For Dummies cheap oem
- 79.95$ Boris Graffiti 5.2 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit) cheap oem
|Pick Up the Phone|
|Commentary/Politics - Editorials|
|Written by Kathleen McCarthy|
|Wednesday, 24 September 2008 02:16|
My guess is that many of you are as enraged as I am over our elected leaders' latest financial abuses. How much is enough for each of us to take action? By action I mean, at a minimum, a phone call or e-mail to each senator and congressman in your district expressing your outrage, accompanied by a committed declaration that if he or she does not act to stop these subsidies, bailouts, and wholesale giveaways of our republic's future, then they will absolutely lose your vote next term.
For my part, I believe that 99 percent of incumbents should be voted out, regardless. And I am baffled by partisan voters' consistent willingness to back candidates who deliver the same tired platitudes we have been hearing for decades. Both McCain and Obama are part and parcel part of the problem, not the solution. Both have been in office for long enough periods of time for their records to speak for themselves. This alone should end the days of voting for the "lesser of two evils." This justification for voting and maintaining the status quo is no longer acceptable because it guarantees to "change" nothing.
As Bradley Harrington's piece this week illustrates, we are allowing our government to place an unconscionable burden on our children and their children's children. It will be this generation, we Americans, who lived during this time in history who will bear the legacy of indenturing future Americans - our heirs. Shame on us if we allow this to occur! And it will only get worse because silence implies consent.
Once this sinks in, then it is time to call, fax, e-mail, or mail your congressmen and let them know you will vote them out of office if they do not start casting votes to achieve these four objectives:
1) End the bailouts - no more nationalizing private debt.
2) Stop Congress' excessive spending - $10 trillion in debt not counting the $50 trillion in entitlement obligations is insane.
3) Cut taxes - Combined with spending reform, this will increase the purchasing power of our dollars and not penalize our productivity.
4) Reform the monetary system - The Federal Reserve must be held accountable, and our money should be backed by assets, not thin air.
A number you can use right now to call the U.S. Capitol switchboard and ask to be connected to your congressmen's office is (202) 224-3121.
For the Net savvy, try this site to get a start on researching your congressmen: CongressMerge.com/onlinedb/index.htm.
Illinois Congressional contact information
U.S. Representative Phil Hare (Democrat)
1535 47th Ave. #5, Moline IL 61265
Phone: (309) 793-5760
Fax: (309) 762-9193
U.S. Senator Barack Obama (Democrat)
1911 52nd Ave., Moline IL 61265
Phone: (309) 736-1217
Fax: (309) 736-1233
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (Democrat)
525 S. 8th St., Springfield IL 62703
Phone: (217) 492-4062
Fax: (217) 492-4382
Iowa Congressional contact information
U.S. Representative Bruce Braley (Democrat)
209 W. 4th St. Suite 104, Davenport IA 52801
Phone: (563) 323-5988
Fax: (563) 323-5231
U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (Republican)
131 W. 3rd St. Suite 180, Davenport IA 52801
Phone: (563) 322-4331
Fax: (563) 322-8552
U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (Democrat)
1606 Brady St. Suite 323, Davenport IA 52803
Phone: (563) 322-1338
Fax: (563) 322-0417
Tags See All Tags