- Buy OEM Illustrator CS4 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Download Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
- Discount - InDesign CS5 Bible
- Buy Cheap CrystalIdea Uninstall Tool 2.5
- Buy OEM Altova XMLSpy 2009
- 279.95$ Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5 cheap oem
- 9.95$ ABest Video to Zune 3GP Flash Converter cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Edge Animate CC (Full LifeTime License)
|Senate Should Focus on Alternative Power|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 20 November 2001 18:00|
In light of the current events, to the great disgust of the American public,
and that of the majority of the Senate, I am appalled at the repeated attempts of certain pro-energy-industry senators to exploit our national-security crisis for their own interests.
Former Energy Committee Chairman Frank Murkowski and a few other Senators introduced a “stripped-down” bill that would reauthorize the Price-Anderson nuclear-insurance scheme – which doesn’t even expire until next August and is only needed to allow drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, provide some gas-pipeline incentives, and provide minimal funds for renewable-energy projects.
Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle has already made it abundantly clear that now is not the time to bring up this sort of controversial legislation to the Senate floor. So Murkowski and his colleagues are trying to bypass Daschle and get their own bill voted on.
Not only does this show a blatant disregard for our great nation, but the course of these divisive actions threatens to hold up the whole of the entire U.S. Senate at such a crucial period in our history.
It’s time for the people to take action, and urge our Senators to oppose minority efforts to add controversial energy legislation, including any form of the Price-Anderson, to urgent bills. It’s time to support alternative power.
We demand a sustainable future, now.
Tags See All Tags