- 9.95$ Access 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies cheap oem
- Download ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training
- Buy OEM Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro
- Buy OEM Capture One Pro 7 MAC
- Buy OEM Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just the Steps For Dummies
- 199.95$ Adobe Authorware 7 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Mangement
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC (en)
- Buy CrossOver 9 Professional MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2008 (32 bit)
|Students Get Up Close with Government|
|Commentary/Politics - Letters to the Editor|
|Tuesday, 26 June 2001 18:00|
Democracy is more than a spectator sport; for it to survive and flourish, we all must become active, engaged citizens. This is the message I heard from 86 students representing 12 Quad City-area high schools, who recently participated in the Close Up Foundation government-studies program in Washington, D.
For a full week, these youth had unique opportunities to develop a better understanding of our democratic process. History, government, and current issues came alive for them through meetings with congressional leaders, political advisors, and journalists. In addition, they learned from other Close Up participants from across the nation through daily debates and discussions.
Most important, they returned home with a deeper awareness of their responsibilities as citizens and the realization that a single individual can make a difference. Their newfound enthusiasm for involvement in our system of democracy is to be admired.
The Close Up experience was made possible through the efforts of local educators and parents, and the financial support of the Alcoa Foundation, American Express Foundation, John Deere Foundation, and Wal-Mart Foundation. In addition, U.S. Representative Jim Leach provided fellowships for students from throughout his district. On behalf of Close Up, I commend the dedication of the Davenport community, and look forward to working with you for many years to come.
Quad City Coordinator,
Close Up Foundation
Tags See All Tags