- Buy Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sr,sl,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy OEM Many Tricks Usher MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training (en)
- Buy ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 (en)
- Download CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect
- Download Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (64-bit)
- Download Geometric CAMWorks 2014 64-bit
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- Discount - Lynda.com - Building Mobile Apps for Multiple Devices with Flash Professional
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Professional CS6 MAC
- Buy Autodesk Revit MEP 2012 (en)
|Lt. Governor Simon: Keep College Affordable|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Tuesday, 13 November 2012 11:12|
Affordability Summits continue at Governors State, Chicago State, Northern Illinois
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will visit three northern Illinois universities this week as she brings her fall College Affordability Summits to a close. Simon is calling on federal, state and higher education officials to make higher education affordability a higher priority.
Simon’s visits to Governors State University, Chicago State University and Northern Illinois University come just three weeks after the College Board released a report indicating that public and private universities nationwide have increased costs more than 4 percent this school year, with community college costs up 5 percent.
To make ends meet, students have taken on more debt, carrying an average of $26,682 in student loans in 2010 according to the Pew Research Center.
Through increased transparency, targeted state aid and a permanent federal tax credit for middle class families, Simon believes college could be more affordable for Illinois students.
“As a state, we want to increase the proportion of working-age adults with a college degree or credential to 60 percent, up from 41 percent, by 2025. The only way we can achieve this goal is if college is affordable,” said Simon, a former Southern Illinois University law professor and a member of a state task force evaluating MAP grant eligibility. “We must work together to rein in the costs of a higher education.”
Governors State University Affordability Summit
DATE: Tuesday, Nov. 13
TIME: 3:45 p.m.
PLACE: Hall of Governors, 1 University Parkway, Governors State University, University Park
Chicago State University Affordability Summit
DATE: Thursday, Nov. 15
TIME: 10:30 a.m.
PLACE: Sun Room, Library – 4th floor, 9501 S. King Dr., Chicago State University, University Park
Northern Illinois University Affordability Summit
DATE: Friday, Nov. 16
TIME: 10 a.m.
PLACE: Latino Resource Center, 515 Garden Rd., Northern Illinois University, DeKalb
Tags See All Tags