- Download Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Project 2013: The Missing Manual
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- Download PCTools Spyware Doctor 5.5
- 69.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (32-bit)
|Lt. Governor Simon: Keep College Affordable|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Tuesday, 13 November 2012 11:12|
Affordability Summits continue at Governors State, Chicago State, Northern Illinois
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will visit three northern Illinois universities this week as she brings her fall College Affordability Summits to a close. Simon is calling on federal, state and higher education officials to make higher education affordability a higher priority.
Simon’s visits to Governors State University, Chicago State University and Northern Illinois University come just three weeks after the College Board released a report indicating that public and private universities nationwide have increased costs more than 4 percent this school year, with community college costs up 5 percent.
To make ends meet, students have taken on more debt, carrying an average of $26,682 in student loans in 2010 according to the Pew Research Center.
Through increased transparency, targeted state aid and a permanent federal tax credit for middle class families, Simon believes college could be more affordable for Illinois students.
“As a state, we want to increase the proportion of working-age adults with a college degree or credential to 60 percent, up from 41 percent, by 2025. The only way we can achieve this goal is if college is affordable,” said Simon, a former Southern Illinois University law professor and a member of a state task force evaluating MAP grant eligibility. “We must work together to rein in the costs of a higher education.”
Governors State University Affordability Summit
DATE: Tuesday, Nov. 13
TIME: 3:45 p.m.
PLACE: Hall of Governors, 1 University Parkway, Governors State University, University Park
Chicago State University Affordability Summit
DATE: Thursday, Nov. 15
TIME: 10:30 a.m.
PLACE: Sun Room, Library – 4th floor, 9501 S. King Dr., Chicago State University, University Park
Northern Illinois University Affordability Summit
DATE: Friday, Nov. 16
TIME: 10 a.m.
PLACE: Latino Resource Center, 515 Garden Rd., Northern Illinois University, DeKalb
Tags See All Tags