- Buy OEM Corel WordPerfect Office X4 Standard
- Buy Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Audio Mixing Bootcamp
- Buy ABest RM RMVB Video Converter (en)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS6 MAC (en,ja)
- Discount - Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS5 MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,da,de,es,fi,fr,it,no,nl,pt,sv,cs,hu,pl,ru,tr,uk)
- Download Futuremark PCMark Vantage Advanced
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- 159.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft AutoRoute 2007 Europe
- Buy OEM ABest Video to WMV MOV Converter
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
|Google’s free Wi-Fi network up and running in Council Bluffs|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Robert Haus|
|Tuesday, 29 January 2013 14:18|
Additional grant of $50,000 expands access in Council Bluffs
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Jan. 29, 2013 — Google announced an additional $50,000 grant today to expand the free high-speed wireless Internet network for the city. Once completed, the free Wi-Fi network will be extended to cover the new River's Edge Park and the interior of City Hall. The Wi-Fi network currently provides free internet access to: Downtown Council Bluffs and 100 Broadway District, Mid America Center and Council Bluffs Recreational Complex. Once users agree to the terms of service, they may surf the internet freely.
“Google has been a wonderful corporate partner for our community and this project is just one of the ways Google continues to demonstrate their commitment to be part of our community,” stated Council Bluffs Mayor Tom Hanafan. “We are very fortunate to have them in our city, and we look forward to continuing our partnership that will help make Council Bluffs a better place to live and work.”
Google financed the construction of the initial Wi-Fi network through a $154,462 grant (Council Bluffs incurred no charges). The additional grant of $50,000 will finance the expansion efforts to be completed in 2013. The grant will purchase the network equipment and pay for three years of Internet service. After three years, the equipment will be owned and operated by the City of Council Bluffs.
Congressman Tom Latham (IA-3) stated, "Google has a history of making valuable investments in the Third District, and this grant will increase the access that the residents and businesses of Council Bluffs have to a service that is increasingly integral to our daily lives. Widespread Internet access is a crucial component of commerce and job growth in any modern city, and I thank Google for helping make Council Bluffs an even better place to do business."
“Google is a big advocate of the power of the Internet and we feel privileged to bring this free service to the businesses and residents of Council Bluffs," said Chris Russell, operations manager for Google's Council Bluffs data center. "We believe cutting edge technology and Internet access is crucial to developing business, creating jobs, and thriving in the 21st century. The free Wi-Fi network helps Council Bluffs' residents to do just that.”
Wi-Fi is a mechanism for wirelessly connecting electronic devices via nodes that are located throughout a certain area. A device enabled with Wi-Fi, such as a personal computer, smartphone, tablet, video game console or digital audio player, can connect to the Internet via a wireless network access point.
About Google Inc.
Google is a global technology leader focused on improving the ways people connect with information. Google’s innovations in web search and advertising have made its website a top Internet property and its brand one of the most recognized in the world.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Tags See All Tags