- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Discount - Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
- 149.95$ Adobe Illustrator CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming MAC
- Buy OEM Ashampoo WinOptimizer 5
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Essentials
- Download Frischluft Lenscare for AE and PrPro
- Discount - Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3
- Download Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Works 9
- Buy OEM Nolo Quicken WillMaker Plus 2011
- Buy Altova SchemaAgent 2009 (en)
|Smiddy Joins Gun Task Force, Co-Sponsors Concealed Carry Bill|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Friday, 01 February 2013 14:29|
SPRINGFIELD, IL – To ensure that law-abiding gun owners have a voice to defend their Second
Amendment rights, state Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) has joined a new legislative working
group designed to lead the conversation about gun rights in Illinois. Smiddy has also signed
on as a co-sponsor for HB 997, a bill that would provide guidelines for the concealed carry of
firearms in Illinois.
“For too long in Illinois, law-abiding citizens have been denied their basic Second Amendment
rights because of a vocal and influential minority,” said Smiddy, a critic of the state’s gun
control laws. “This is an opportunity for gun rights advocates to finally play a role in shaping
firearms policy in Illinois.
In December, a federal appeals court ruled Illinois’ ongoing ban on concealed carry
unconstitutional and gave the state a 180 day deadline to pass a concealed carry bill. While the
state’s Attorney General is appealing the decision, gun rights supporters are confident that the
ruling will be upheld.
The bipartisan firearms working group, led by Lt. Governor Sheila Simon, is comprised of new
lawmakers from all regions of the state and all sides of the gun rights debate. The group will
meet with stakeholders and be a vital part of the debate in Springfield.
“Gun owners who have followed the law and played by the rules deserve to have a voice in
any proposed changes, “said Smiddy. “I intend to be that voice. I will be a strong activist in this
working group to make sure that we’re not left with a watered down version of a concealed
Residents can also call toll-free at (855) 243-4988.
Tags See All Tags