- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013
- Discount - Photoshop CS4 For Dummies
- Buy Lynda.com - Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress (en)
- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Lavalys Everest Ultimate 4.5
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS5 on Demand
- Buy Smith Micro Spring Cleaning 11 Deluxe MAC (en)
- Buy Alien Skin Exposure 6 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (64-bit)
|Smiddy Joins Gun Task Force, Co-Sponsors Concealed Carry Bill|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Friday, 01 February 2013 14:29|
SPRINGFIELD, IL – To ensure that law-abiding gun owners have a voice to defend their Second
Amendment rights, state Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) has joined a new legislative working
group designed to lead the conversation about gun rights in Illinois. Smiddy has also signed
on as a co-sponsor for HB 997, a bill that would provide guidelines for the concealed carry of
firearms in Illinois.
“For too long in Illinois, law-abiding citizens have been denied their basic Second Amendment
rights because of a vocal and influential minority,” said Smiddy, a critic of the state’s gun
control laws. “This is an opportunity for gun rights advocates to finally play a role in shaping
firearms policy in Illinois.
In December, a federal appeals court ruled Illinois’ ongoing ban on concealed carry
unconstitutional and gave the state a 180 day deadline to pass a concealed carry bill. While the
state’s Attorney General is appealing the decision, gun rights supporters are confident that the
ruling will be upheld.
The bipartisan firearms working group, led by Lt. Governor Sheila Simon, is comprised of new
lawmakers from all regions of the state and all sides of the gun rights debate. The group will
meet with stakeholders and be a vital part of the debate in Springfield.
“Gun owners who have followed the law and played by the rules deserve to have a voice in
any proposed changes, “said Smiddy. “I intend to be that voice. I will be a strong activist in this
working group to make sure that we’re not left with a watered down version of a concealed
Residents can also call toll-free at (855) 243-4988.
Tags See All Tags