- Buy Cheap GRAHL PDF Annotator 3
- 59.95$ Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
- Discount - Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5 MAC
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC cheap oem
- 19.95$ SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe CC Master Collection MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Color
- Buy OEM ChemTable Reg Organizer 4.21
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Boris Final Effect Complete Multilangual 5.0
- Buy Cheap Adobe Captivate 3
- 19.95$ Sony ACID Music Studio 8 cheap oem
|WQPT TACKLES BULLYING IN FEBRUARY|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Friday, 01 February 2013 14:42|
MOLINE, IL – WQPT-Quad Cities PBS, in conjunction with a collaboration of area non-profit organizations focused on bullying in our community (known as CARE QC - Connecting Anti-Bullying Resources and Education), will host a series of community conversations, television programming and online activities to inform parents, students and teachers about the resources available to combat bullying.
"CARE QC was formed as a result of information gathered during WQPT's 'American Graduate' work last year. At the community forums convened to discuss the drop-out crisis and the need for mentors in our community, we discovered that bullying was one of the top factors in a student's decision to drop out of school," said WQPT Interim General Manager Jamie Lange.
The community conversations will be held from 5-7:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 18 at the Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island, and Wednesday, Feb. 20 Wednesday, Feb. 20 at the Moline Public Library.
In addition, Ballet Quad Cities will offer a free performance of "The Ugly Duckling" from 7-8:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22 at Davenport North High School. The dance performance carries an anti-bullying message about treating on another with respect. Renowned anti-bullying expert Dr. Jennifer Caudle will host a short program following the event.
Related programming featured on WQPT includes:
Sunday, Feb. 17, 8 p.m.: "Official Best of Fest: Bullies." Get a glimpse into the world of bullying with two short films from Australia and the UK.
Sunday, Feb. 17, 8:30 p.m.: "Dissed Respect." The impact of bullying encourages dialogue about the need to reduce the high-risk behavior of bullying.
Monday, Feb. 18, 8 p.m.: "Teaching Channel: Bullying at School." The program visits three schools where parents, teachers and students are implementing bullying prevention programs.
Monday, Feb. 18, 9 p.m.: "Enough is Enough." Learn about the evolving interactive web, social networking and cyber-bullying. Learn how to protect your child on all internet enabled devices.
For more resources, interactive surveys and information, visit wqpt.org/stopbullying.
WQPT is a public media service of Western Illinois University-Quad Cities.
Tags See All Tags