- Download Geometric CAMWorks 2014 64-bit
- 19.95$ ZoneAlarm Pro 9 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC
- Download CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Web Design
- Discount - Telestream ScreenFlow 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Discount - Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC
- 79.95$ Smith Micro Anime Studio Pro 8 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
|Branstad, Reynolds praise House action to make schools best in the nation|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Office of the Governor of Iowa|
|Friday, 22 February 2013 15:16|
(DES MOINES) – Gov. Terry E. Branstad and Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds today thanked House Republicans for spearheading the effort to make Iowa’s schools best in the nation again. The governor and lieutenant governor also thanked the full House of Representatives for the overwhelming, bipartisan support of their effort to replace “allowable growth” with 100 percent state aid, which offers further protection to Iowa property taxpayers.
“This morning, the Iowa House passed an education reform plan that will set us on a path to again have the nation’s best schools,” said Gov. Branstad from an economic development trip in California. “This plan will give our teachers a new, 21st century system designed to reward their efforts and ensure great teaching in every classroom. Most importantly, this reform means our students will have the skills they need to compete with their peers across the globe.”
The governor is pleased with the Senate’s progress in offering meaningful reform as well.
“I want to commend Senate Democrats for their efforts, and the seriousness with which they are approaching educational reform,” continued Branstad. “This is a significant effort, and I look forward to working with the Senate to continue our progress and sign this legislation into law this year.”
Reynolds noted the broad support the legislation enjoys.
“I want to commend the House in passing this legislation, which shows legislators are serious about passing meaningful education reform that again makes Iowa a national leader,” said Reynolds. “The broad, statewide support this reform enjoys is the result of years of input and consensus building. We now turn our attention to the Senate, and we will work with them to ensure our reform efforts move forward.”###
Tags See All Tags