- Buy Sony Vegas Pro 12 (en,fr,de,ja,es)
- Buy OEM Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (en)
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Hindi (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (en)
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Photoshop Elements 7 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 199.95$ Apple Final Cut Studio 3 MAC cheap oem
- Download Sony ACID Music Studio 9
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium
|Jurisdiction of Thomson prison to federal government passes Senate|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Mary Shaw|
|Friday, 01 March 2013 14:58|
SPRINGFIELD – Senator Mike Jacobs (D-Moline) is pleased to announce the sale of Thomson Correctional Center is one-step closer to being reality.
“Unfortunately, this process has taken years. However, we are finally to a point where we are handing over control of the facility to the federal government,” Jacobs said. “This process must be approved by the legislature and the governor to be official. This is the next step in that process.”
Senate Bill 30, which passed the Senate today, allows the state to grant jurisdiction of the prison to the federal government.
The Thomson correctional facility, built in 2001, cost the state $140 million dollars to construct; however, it has never been operational because the state lacked the funds to open the facility. The Justice Department agreed to purchase Thomson in October of 2012 for $165 million. Once operational, the facility should provide over 1,000 jobs in Northwestern Illinois.
What: SB 30 passed Senate
The Vote: 49-5-0
Lead Senate Sponsor: Senator Mike Jacobs (D-Moline)
Next: Goes to the House of Representatives###
Tags See All Tags