- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Buy OEM Excel 2007 Data Analysis For Dummies
- Buy OEM MacGourmet Deluxe 3 MAC
- Buy ZoneAlarm AntiVirus 8 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 MAC
- Buy Wireless All In One For Dummies (en)
- Discount - ABest WMV Video Converter
- Buy Sony Cinescore (en)
- Buy Cheap Acala DVD Copy
- Buy OEM SmileOnMyMac disclabel 6 MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2011 (64-bit) (en,ja)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (32-bit)
- Download Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book
|More Women are Flying Solo to See the World|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Thursday, 28 March 2013 15:10|
5 Tips for Getting Off Your Settee & Joining Them
So you’re a woman and you want to see the world – on your terms.
Join the crowd!
More and more women are traveling alone or with girlfriends; an estimated 32 million in the past year, according to the Travel Industry Association.
“It’s the new trend in travel and, really, it’s a no-brainer,” says Ruth Yunker, an intrepid solo traveler and author of “Paris, I’ve Grown Accustomed to Your Ways,” (www.ruthyunker.com), a humorous recounting of her extended stay in Paris as part-time resident, part-time tourist.
“Women hold the purse strings, so to speak, and we don’t necessarily want to see and experience our travel destinations in the same ways men do.”
The numbers tell the story:
“We value our independence and we have the means to get up and go, so why not?” Yunker says.
If you’re a woman who has dreamed of taking off on a safari, jaunting across Europe or sampling fried seahorses in Beijing, Yunker offers valuable advice:
About Ruth Yunker
Ruth Yunker is an author, humorist, columnist, blogger and diehard world traveler. Her peripatetic childhood led to an adulthood always on the move; she has lived all over the United States, from Boston to Los Angeles, Brussels, Belgium and, for a short time, Paris. Her first book, “Me, Myself & Paris,” recounts her first experiences as a single woman living alone in Paris for three six-week stints. Her newest book, “Paris, I’ve Grown Accustomed to Your Ways,” continues the saga from a more City of Light-experienced perspective.
Tags See All Tags