- 29.95$ Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 MAC (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Discount - Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC cheap oem
- 299.95$ Boris Continuum Complete 8 for Adobe AE & PrPro (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (64 bit)
|ELECTRONIC DEMANUFACTURING FACILITY MAINTAINS R2 CERTIFICATION|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Brandy Welvaert|
|Monday, 15 April 2013 15:17|
DAVENPORT, Iowa—Waste Commission of Scott County’s Electronic Demanufacturing Facility has completed and passed its annual surveillance audit to the Responsible Recycling (R2) Standard.
The facility is the first public agency in the world and the only agency in the state of Iowa to achieve this certification. There are approximately 360 facilities in the world that hold R2 certification.
By adhering to the R2 standard, the facility assures its customers that any sensitive data and toxic materials inside their electronics will be managed in the most responsible way. Data-containing items are caged and locked, monitored through a security system, and ultimately destroyed. All potentially harmful materials inside electronics—such as mercury, cadmium and lead—are captured and recycled responsibly. No harmful materials are shipped to developing countries. All of these practices are verified by an independent auditor.
The Electronic Demanufacturing Facility, 1048 East 59th St., Davenport, accepts e-waste with a circuit board and/or cathode-ray tube. Hours are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays. No appointment is necessary, and there is no charge for residents of Scott and Rock Island counties. For more information, call (563) 823-0119 or visit www.wastecom.com. For more information about the R2 Standard, visit www.r2solutions.org.
Waste Commission of Scott County is an inter-governmental agency established in 1972 to provide environmentally sound and economically feasible solid waste management services for Scott County.###
Tags See All Tags