- Buy Cheap Corel PDF Fusion
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 149.95$ iStopMotion 2 Pro MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Visio Premium 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book
- 199.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard cheap oem
- Discount - Pixelmator MAC
- Buy Cheap Maxon Cinema 4D R11 Studio Bundle MAC
- 249.95$ Autodesk Maya 2011 (32-bit) cheap oem
|Area student receives youth activist award|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Jean Hessburg|
|Friday, 19 April 2013 13:59|
DES MOINES, IA (04/18/2013)(readMedia)-- Maquoketa High School senior, Colton Fey, received the Paul Mann Youth Activist Award for Outstanding Leadership on Thursday, April 11 at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in Des Moines before a group of nearly 400 educators attending the 2013 Iowa State Education Association (ISEA) Delegate Assembly.
The Paul Mann Youth Activist Award for Outstanding Leadership is named after Des Moines educator, Paul Mann, who encouraged students to work for causes that promote peace and justice. Fey received the statewide honor for his many volunteer activities and outstanding accomplishments.
"Colton is a natural born leader. His work in the community and among his classmates is an example of how one person does make a difference," said Tammy Wawro, president of the ISEA. "Iowa is home to many high-caliber students, and when someone like Colton stands out from the crowd, you can bet they are doing extraordinary work."
Fey's volunteer efforts include working with Club hOpe which is a community service organization in Maquoketa; volunteering with the local food pantry; leading the Toys for Tots in Jackson County; volunteering on a fundraising event called "Hearts of Fire" for the local fire department; and being a lead organizer for this year's Dance Marathon, raising over $10,000 for the Iowa City Children's Hospital.
Melinda Orr, a teacher at Maquoketa High School who nominated Colton, said, "Colton is one of the hardest working kids I have ever had in my classroom. He sets high expectations for himself academically and exhibits a stellar work ethic to meet these expectations. He is not one to shy away from hard work or effort whether it is studying for a test, completing a project, or volunteering to help another student who is struggling. Colton leads by example and follow-through."
Tags See All Tags