- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming MAC
- Buy Ashampoo Cover Studio (en)
- Download Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- Buy Kigo DVD Ripper 3 MAC (en)
- 249.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2012 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit)
- 39.95$ SmartSound SonicFire Pro 5 Scoring cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Buy CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012
|Grassley urges Administration to consider formal protest of European Commission action against U.S. ethanol exports|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Tuesday, 30 April 2013 14:44|
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley has signed onto a letter urging the U.S. Trade Representative and the Acting Secretary of Commerce to consider initiating a challenge at the World Trade Organization regarding the recent decision by the European Commission to impose an anti-dumping duty on exports of ethanol from the United States.
“The administration ought to take a very aggressive position against this penalty because of the way it violates trade law standards and practices that are well established,” Grassley said. “What’s happened is an unfair trade practice, and the negative impact on the U.S. renewable energy industry is already measurable.”
The penalty is “unprecedented” with the Commission’s “failure to make any particular finding of dumping by any producer or marketer investigated in connection with the case,” wrote the bipartisan group of 15 senators led by Senators John Thune and Amy Klobuchar. “We believe this rule sets dangerous precedent for trade and trade remedies in advance of the well-publicized state of important trade talks between the United States and the European Union, and will dramatically and unilaterally change the boundaries and limits of international dumping law,” they wrote.
In addition to trade case precedent that has required findings of actual dumping, the senators’ letter said there isn’t an adequate finding by the European Commission that any injury was suffered in the European ethanol industry, noting it is another requirement of international anti-dumping trade law.
Certain member states of the European Union represent significant export markets for U.S. ethanol producers. In 2012, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands represented the second and fourth largest importers of importers of U.S. ethanol.-30-
Tags See All Tags