- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE
- Buy Cheap I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Excel 2013
- Download Autodesk Mudbox 2014 (64-bit)
- Download Mixed in Key 2 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - HTML5: Background Processes with Web Workers
- Discount - Avid Media Composer 5
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Creating Infographics with Illustrator
- Buy Cheap CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0
- Buy OEM Macromates TextMate MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014 MAC cheap oem
|Great River Road National Scenic Byway Celebrates 75th Anniversary|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Kate Hagen|
|Monday, 06 May 2013 14:01|
Mississippi River states to host celebrations throughout 2013
MADISON, Wis. [May 6, 2013] – The Mississippi River Parkway Commission is excited to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Great River Road National Scenic Byway.
In 1938, the governors of the 10 river states developed the concept of a transcontinental Great River Parkway along the Mississippi River. Choosing to conserve precious resources, among them land, time and dollars, they decided rather than building a new continuous road, the existing network of rural roads and then-fledgling highways that meandered and crisscrossed the river would become the Great River Road. The green Pilot’s Wheel road sign that marked the route of the new byway more than seven decades ago still heralds the road today.
As one of the oldest, longest and most unique scenic byways in North America, the Great River Road offers respite to millions of travelers seeking a getaway – from a leisurely day’s drive to an extended vacation. Nearly 3,000 miles long and running through 10 states along the Mississippi River, the Great River Road has offered a gateway to the river valley’s great history, the blending of cultures and a host of recreational options to all who journey it for three-quarters of a century and counting.
Plan a day’s drive or a month-long excursion along the Great River Road National Scenic Byway with the help of experiencemississippiriver.com. Here you’ll find information on all the states’ interpretive centers, upcoming events and must-see attractions, along with suggested itineraries and maps to help plan a trip that’s just right for you.
Tags See All Tags