- Buy Cheap Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- 299.95$ Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat 3D
- Buy Lynda.com - Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress (en)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (64-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Boris Graffiti 5.2
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash CS4 Professional MAC
- Download Parallels Desktop 6 MAC
- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS6 MAC (en,ja)
- 159.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit) cheap oem
|Great River Road National Scenic Byway Celebrates 75th Anniversary|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Kate Hagen|
|Monday, 06 May 2013 14:01|
Mississippi River states to host celebrations throughout 2013
MADISON, Wis. [May 6, 2013] – The Mississippi River Parkway Commission is excited to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Great River Road National Scenic Byway.
In 1938, the governors of the 10 river states developed the concept of a transcontinental Great River Parkway along the Mississippi River. Choosing to conserve precious resources, among them land, time and dollars, they decided rather than building a new continuous road, the existing network of rural roads and then-fledgling highways that meandered and crisscrossed the river would become the Great River Road. The green Pilot’s Wheel road sign that marked the route of the new byway more than seven decades ago still heralds the road today.
As one of the oldest, longest and most unique scenic byways in North America, the Great River Road offers respite to millions of travelers seeking a getaway – from a leisurely day’s drive to an extended vacation. Nearly 3,000 miles long and running through 10 states along the Mississippi River, the Great River Road has offered a gateway to the river valley’s great history, the blending of cultures and a host of recreational options to all who journey it for three-quarters of a century and counting.
Plan a day’s drive or a month-long excursion along the Great River Road National Scenic Byway with the help of experiencemississippiriver.com. Here you’ll find information on all the states’ interpretive centers, upcoming events and must-see attractions, along with suggested itineraries and maps to help plan a trip that’s just right for you.
Tags See All Tags