- Buy Cheap Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Captivate CC (en,de,es,fr,pt,ja,ko)
- Buy Cheap Intuit Quicken 2008 Home & Business
- Download CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit)
- Discount - Frischluft Effects Pack
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS5 (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,no,da)
- Buy Cheap Steinberg Nuendo 4.3
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Project Professional 2013
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium
|Great River Road National Scenic Byway Celebrates 75th Anniversary|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Kate Hagen|
|Monday, 06 May 2013 14:01|
Mississippi River states to host celebrations throughout 2013
MADISON, Wis. [May 6, 2013] – The Mississippi River Parkway Commission is excited to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Great River Road National Scenic Byway.
In 1938, the governors of the 10 river states developed the concept of a transcontinental Great River Parkway along the Mississippi River. Choosing to conserve precious resources, among them land, time and dollars, they decided rather than building a new continuous road, the existing network of rural roads and then-fledgling highways that meandered and crisscrossed the river would become the Great River Road. The green Pilot’s Wheel road sign that marked the route of the new byway more than seven decades ago still heralds the road today.
As one of the oldest, longest and most unique scenic byways in North America, the Great River Road offers respite to millions of travelers seeking a getaway – from a leisurely day’s drive to an extended vacation. Nearly 3,000 miles long and running through 10 states along the Mississippi River, the Great River Road has offered a gateway to the river valley’s great history, the blending of cultures and a host of recreational options to all who journey it for three-quarters of a century and counting.
Plan a day’s drive or a month-long excursion along the Great River Road National Scenic Byway with the help of experiencemississippiriver.com. Here you’ll find information on all the states’ interpretive centers, upcoming events and must-see attractions, along with suggested itineraries and maps to help plan a trip that’s just right for you.
Tags See All Tags