- Buy FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced MAC (en)
- 19.95$ Macromates TextMate MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap iPhone: The Missing Manual
- Download Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - jQuery Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Cyberlink Powercinema 5
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Color
- Buy Cheap Adobe InDesign CS3
- Buy Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,ru,pl,fi,sv,tr,cs,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) (en)
- Download Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 2
- Buy Nuance OmniPage Professional 17 (en,de,fr)
|Branstad names CPA Mary Mosiman as new state auditor|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Tim Albrecht|
|Monday, 13 May 2013 13:43|
(DES MOINES) – Gov. Terry E. Branstad today named Ames CPA Mary Mosiman, AGE, as Iowa’s new state auditor, following last month’s announcement by David Vaudt that he was resigning to become the new chairman of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). His last day was May 3.
Mosiman currently serves as deputy secretary of state under Matt Schultz. Her first day is May 13.
“I had two major requirements for Iowa’s state auditor: that the individual was a CPA, and that the individual would adhere to the sound budgeting principles followed by David Vaudt,” said Branstad. “In Mary, we found that and more. She is a talented, passionate public servant who will keep a very close watch over Iowa’s tax dollars.”
Prior to serving as the deputy secretary of state, Mosiman served as the Story County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections, from 2001-2010. She is a graduate of Iowa State University with a degree in accounting.
“I am honored to accept this position, and will do my best to earn the respect of Iowans as well as validate the confidence of the governor,” said Mosiman. “David Vaudt provided an excellent service to Iowans in his role as the ‘Taxpayers Watchdog.’ I look forward to building on his efforts. Working with Iowa’s leaders to maintain sound budgeting principles, communicating state budget information, and providing all the necessary audit responsibilities will be my top priorities.”
Branstad and Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds launched their formal search for auditor on April 5, seeking individuals who would adhere to the sound budgeting principles as follows:
• Avoid the use of one-time money for ongoing expenses.
“Mary Mosiman will be a partner in ensuring Iowa’s budget remains stable and predictable,” said Reynolds. “We look forward to working with her as we continue the great progress we have made in closing the state’s $900 million budget gap and building up our cash reserve and economic emergency fund.”
Mosiman and her husband Daniel live in Ames and have four daughters. She is a member of the Iowa Society of CPAs, is a past president of the Nevada Rotary, and is an active member of the Gilbert Education Foundation.###
Tags See All Tags