- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Download Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 One On One: Fundamentals
- Download Corel WinDVD Pro 11
- Buy OEM Stellar Phoenix iPod Recovery v2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Xilisoft 1click DV to DVD (en)
- 19.95$ 1Click DVD Copy 5 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM SmithMicro Stuffit Deluxe 15 MAC
- Buy Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit) (en)
|Iowa State Education Association announces Design-A-Decal contest winners|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Jean Hessburg|
|Tuesday, 10 September 2013 15:23|
Statewide contest celebrates 29 years of colorful artwork
DES MOINES, IA (09/10/2013)(readMedia)-- Iowa State Education Association (ISEA) members around the state have used ISEA's student-designed stickers to celebrate student achievement and good work for over 28 years. Now in its 29th year, the popular Design-a-Decal program helps give statewide recognition to young art students when their winning designs are printed on stickers and teachers use them to give positive feedback to their students. With encouraging messages like "You're a Super Star" and "U R number one!," the stickers get used on everything from homework assignments, to papers and projects.
Students competed in three, grade-level categories: elementary (K-5); junior high/middle school (6-8); and high school (9-12). The 24 winning designs are printed in full color on sheets of one-inch square stickers and each design is featured twice.
"The Design-a-Decal contest is one of our longest-standing programs because it's so much fun for the students. Our art teachers are enthusiastic about this project and students create and do such a terrific job, so it's a win-win for everyone. It's a wonderful way to encourage originality! The end result is a sheet of stickers our members can use on homework and other assignments to encourage more great work," said Tammy Wawro, president of the ISEA.
The students who created the designs used on the decal sheets receive two plaques from the ISEA-one they keep and one to be displayed at their school. (A listing with names of the schools, supervising art teacher, and students whose designs were selected for use on the decal sheets is attached. Also attached is a picture of the winning decals.)
The ISEA is a private, professional organization made up of almost 34,000 educators who are dedicated to promoting and preserving public education for all Iowa students. Great Education. It's an Iowa Basic.
Tags See All Tags