- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CS5 on Demand
- Buy OEM Ableton Suite 8 MAC
- 59.95$ Rob Papen Predator MAC cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (32-bit) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training
- 19.95$ Macromates TextMate MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2009
- Download Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (64-bit)
|Grassley, Father from Ames, Iowa, Recognize National Adoption Month|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Friday, 15 November 2013 12:27|
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa today joined Robert White of Ames to raise awareness about the importance of adoption during National Adoption Month at an event honoring adoptive families nationwide. Robert and his wife, Sharon, have been long-time advocates for adoption.
“Robert has made it a goal to educate policy makers, including me, on key issues,” Grassley said. “These considerations include keeping siblings together, recruiting high-quality foster families, and ensuring that one of our most vulnerable populations — foster children — get the care they need in an appropriate family setting. It’s my pleasure to celebrate families like the Whites. This month is an important opportunity to raise awareness for the many kids who wait for permanency and salute the many organizations that make those dreams come true.”
The Whites have adopted several children and have recently decided to become foster parents. They also have worked with Iowa state legislators to pass legislation making it easier for children in foster care to be adopted with their siblings.
Through Voice for Adoption, a national advocacy organization, Grassley was paired with the Whites for an “Adoptive Family Portrait Project” in an effort to raise awareness and support during National Adoption Month. This family’s picture and inspirational story will be displayed in Grassley’s office throughout the month of November. This year, Saturday, Nov. 23, marks the 14th anniversary of National Adoption Day. The goals of National Adoption Day include: finalizing adoptions from foster care in all 50 states; celebrating and honoring families who adopt; raising awareness of the more than 100,000 children in foster care waiting for permanent, loving homes; encouraging others to adopt children from foster care; and building collaboration among local adoption agencies, courts and advocacy organizations.
Grassley is a long-time advocate for adoption and improving foster care, especially the challenges facing those who age out of the system. He is the co-founder and co-chair of the bipartisan Senate Caucus on Foster Youth. He has secured several key legislative improvements to promote adoption. More information is available here.-30-
Tags See All Tags