- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2009
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy HogBay Software TaskPaper MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Pixologic ZBrush 4R6 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Discount - Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC (en)
- Discount - Autodesk Revit MEP 2012
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Download Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training
|Detroit-born author celebrates the era of America’s first highway|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Jaymie Shook|
|Tuesday, 04 February 2014 14:40|
Home Improvement meets Happy Days
DETROIT –Tim Allen’s character “Tim the Toolman” adored hot rods, almost as much as Henry Winkler’s Fonzie loved hanging out at Arnold’s. Combine those two passions, along with some great baby boomer humor, and you get author Ron Lundmark’s first novel.
“Dream Machines” is the humorous tale of two Detroit men who, as teens, drove an unfinished drag race in 1965 on Woodward Avenue, America’s first highway. Fifty years later, the men recognize each other at their grandchildren’s wedding. They kept their grudge and their hot rods for five decades, just in case.
“I lived in the earlier days of Woodward in the 1960s, when there were lots of drive-in restaurants to cruise and everybody drag raced in-between the stoplights,” Lundmark said. “Woodward was considered the biggest illegal drag strip in the world. It was “American Graffiti” times a thousand.”
The story takes place during the Woodward Dream Cruise, the largest one-day automotive event in the world, which brings 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars to Detroit each year.
“The book is really the story about the Woodward Dream Cruise and its history in the Motor City,” Lundmark said.
For more information about the book, visit http://www.ronlundmark.com/; for more information about the Woodward Dream Cruise, visit http://woodwarddreamcruise.com
By Ron Lundmark
Available in softcover, hardcover, e-book
Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Abbott Press
About the author
From Detroit, Michigan, Ron Lundmark grew up in the heyday of Woodward Avenue – America’s first highway – in the 1960s, when there were drive-in restaurants to cruise and the biggest illegal drag strip in the world on which to race. He is a small business owner in Bay Village, Ohio.
# # #
Tags See All Tags