- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp 10
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate CC
- 59.95$ Adobe Muse CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy OEM VMware Fusion 6 MAC
- Download 4Videosoft AMV Media Converter 3
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Bokeh 2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup
- 149.95$ Adobe InDesign CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (64bit)
- 9.95$ The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers cheap oem
- Download Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License)
|Detroit-born author celebrates the era of America’s first highway|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Jaymie Shook|
|Tuesday, 04 February 2014 14:40|
Home Improvement meets Happy Days
DETROIT –Tim Allen’s character “Tim the Toolman” adored hot rods, almost as much as Henry Winkler’s Fonzie loved hanging out at Arnold’s. Combine those two passions, along with some great baby boomer humor, and you get author Ron Lundmark’s first novel.
“Dream Machines” is the humorous tale of two Detroit men who, as teens, drove an unfinished drag race in 1965 on Woodward Avenue, America’s first highway. Fifty years later, the men recognize each other at their grandchildren’s wedding. They kept their grudge and their hot rods for five decades, just in case.
“I lived in the earlier days of Woodward in the 1960s, when there were lots of drive-in restaurants to cruise and everybody drag raced in-between the stoplights,” Lundmark said. “Woodward was considered the biggest illegal drag strip in the world. It was “American Graffiti” times a thousand.”
The story takes place during the Woodward Dream Cruise, the largest one-day automotive event in the world, which brings 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars to Detroit each year.
“The book is really the story about the Woodward Dream Cruise and its history in the Motor City,” Lundmark said.
For more information about the book, visit http://www.ronlundmark.com/; for more information about the Woodward Dream Cruise, visit http://woodwarddreamcruise.com
By Ron Lundmark
Available in softcover, hardcover, e-book
Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Abbott Press
About the author
From Detroit, Michigan, Ron Lundmark grew up in the heyday of Woodward Avenue – America’s first highway – in the 1960s, when there were drive-in restaurants to cruise and the biggest illegal drag strip in the world on which to race. He is a small business owner in Bay Village, Ohio.
# # #
Tags See All Tags