- Buy OEM VMware Workstation 9
- Buy Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012 (en)
- Download Ashampoo WinOptimizer 5
- Download Microsoft Office Project Professional 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- Buy OEM Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
- Download Autodesk Revit MEP 2012
- Download Eset Smart Security 6 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM FileMaker Bento 3 MAC
|FINDING HOME: EULENSPIEGEL PUPPETS PERFORM|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by German American Heritage Center|
|Tuesday, 04 February 2014 14:42|
Join us for this unique fundraising event! We will be serving delicious home-made pie from the Walcott Pie Lady before the performance and will be holding a silent auction for more delectable pie donated by amazing local amateur bakers!
Seats are still available! Call now and save $5 by purchasing your ticket in advance- 563-322-8844
Finding Home is a trilogy of pieces, poignant, joyful, and humorous, about puppeteer Monica Leo's parents and their immigration experiences. The first piece, My Father's Imaginary Friend, uses candlelight and shadows to interpret the story of her father's hope and survival during his incarceration in a concentration camp.
The second piece, German Eggheads in Rural Texas, traces the family's life in a Lutheran parsonage in rural Texas. Monica uses her mother's illustrations to create puppets and scenery that tell droll stories of language and cultural mix-ups and misunderstandings.
The third piece, Mutti's Muscles, uses dolls and other objects to follow her mother's rebirth as a metal sculptor and political activist in the United States after her father's death.
German American Heritage Center, 712 West Second Street, Davenport, Iowa 52802. www.gahc.org
Tags See All Tags