- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Download ModelRight Professional 3.0
- Buy Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (en)
- Buy Cheap Ableton Suite 8
- Buy Cheap Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition
- 29.95$ Paragon Partition Manager 9 Professional cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (64-bit) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Discount - Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 29.95$ Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional 9 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012 MAC
|Governor Quinn Announces $766,000 for Repair and Maintenance Work at Quad Cities Facilities|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Dave Blanchette|
|Thursday, 20 February 2014 17:05|
Projects will Improve a Rest Area and Replace Correctional Center Roof
ROCK ISLAND – Governor Pat Quinn today announced an investment of $766,000 to renovate a correctional center and a rest area in the Quad Cities. Funded by his Illinois Jobs Now! capital program, the projects are part of Governor Quinn’s commitment to creating jobs and driving Illinois’ economy forward.
“State facilities must be repaired and maintained to better serve the public and protect the state’s investment in these properties,” Governor Quinn said. “The projects will also employ a number of construction workers, which will drive local economies forward.”
Both projects will be managed by the Illinois Capital Development Board.
The roofs will be replaced on the Garage/Grounds and Laundry Buildings at the East Moline Correctional Center. The general construction contract was awarded to Sterling Commercial Roofing, Inc. of Sterling, the lower of two bidders at $606,600. The ventilation contract was awarded to the lower of two bidders, Loescher Heating & Air Conditioning Co. of Freeport, for $44,400. The center is operated by the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Another project involves the Mississippi Rapids Rest Area operated by the Illinois Department of Transportation along Interstate 80 just east of the Mississippi River. The facility’s wooden walkway rails, deck, supporting wood and concrete structure, and drainage will be repaired or replaced for $115,250 by CPI of the Midwest, Inc. of Rock Island.
“Both the rest area and the correctional center project are using local businesses that support the community and ensure jobs stay in the 36th District,” State Senator Mike Jacobs (D-Moline) said.
“Continued investment in our state’s infrastructure will foster a strong foundation for the future while keeping people at work,” State Representative Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) said. “Our local economy depends heavily on the jobs provided by the East Moline Correctional Center. Keeping this and other state facilities up-to-date will go a long ways towards making workplaces safer for employees and ensuring that these jobs remain here for years to come.”
The projects are part of Governor Quinn’s $31 billion Illinois Jobs Now! program, which will support more than 439,000 jobs over six years. Illinois Jobs Now! is the largest capital construction program in Illinois history, and is one of the largest capital construction programs in the nation.###
Tags See All Tags