- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009
- Buy Cheap Next Limit Technologies RealFlow 5 MAC
- Download Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server
- Discount - Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009
- Buy The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers (en)
- Discount - Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009
- Buy OEM Next Limit Technologies RealFlow 5 MAC
- Discount - Red Giant PluralEyes 3
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition
|Iowa's support for renewable fuels confirmed with new poll|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Jeremy Funk and Donnelle Eller|
|Friday, 22 August 2014 12:50|
Iowa's support for renewable fuels has been officially confirmed: 77 percent of registered voters surveyed said they support expanding the federal Renewable Fuel Standard to increase biodiesel in the fuel supply.
Sixty-nine percent said a congressional candidate's support for the mandate was an important factor in their voting decisions, the Iowa Biodiesel Board said today.
The renewable fuel standard requires ethanol and biodiesel to be blended into the U.S. fuel supply. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has proposed scaling back renewable fuel targets.
The group commissioned the questions as part of its annual public opinion research. A professional public opinion research firm, Moore Information, conducted the online survey of 517 registered voters. It took place the week of Aug. 11.
The study shows Iowans have a positive opinion about biodiesel in general, the board said. Additionally, after a series of questions on biodiesel, they were highly supportive of expanding the renewable fuel standard, the trade association said.
There are four U.S. House seats and one U.S. Senate seat up for election in Iowa."Many of our biodiesel businesses have the pressure of an uncertain market weighing heavily on them right now," said Grant Kimberley, executive director of the Iowa Biodiesel Board. "It is uplifting to know that Iowans are with us. They are behind strong federal policy to buoy this young industry in the torrents of the oil industry's opposition."
Tags See All Tags