- Buy ABest Video to WMV SWF FLV Converter (en)
- Buy OEM ACDSee Canvas 11 with GIS Module
- Buy Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 (en)
- Download Symantec Winfax Pro 10.4
- Buy OEM Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Professional CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013
- Download IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Landscape and Deck 12
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC (en,fr)
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM JoeSoft Hear MAC
- Download Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 02 Drawing Fundamentals
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
|Complete 2012 Blues Fest Coverage|
|Music - Mississippi Valley Blues Festival|
|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, 20 June 2012 05:59|
This page links to the River Cities’ Reader’s complete coverage of the 2012 Mississippi Valley Blues Festival, including new interviews with seven of this year’s performers and biographies of each artist.
Ticket information is here. The welcome letter from the Mississippi Valley Blues Society president is here. Biographies of workshop and BlueSKool leaders who are not performing on either the Bandshell or Tent stages are here.
June 29-July 1 • LeClaire Park • Downtown Davenport
Friday, June 29
Saturday, June 30
Sunday, July 1
Prices have been slashed for 2012!
Advance Tickets (through June 28)
At the Gate
Children 14 and under are free if accompanied by an adult.
Welcome, blues lovers, to the 28th-annual Mississippi Valley Blues Festival in Davenport, Iowa’s beautiful LeClaire Park! We have one of the best blues-festival venues in the world, flanked by the Rock Island Lines railroad on one side and the scenic Mississippi River on the other – an absolutely perfect place to listen to some of the world’s finest blues musicians. We have a great lineup again this year, as always, with a variety of blues styles to satisfy everyone’s blues taste buds – including familiar names as well as some nice surprises that you may not have heard of! Be sure to check out the free photo exhibit (with a 25-year retrospective of our fest by professional blues photographer David Horwitz) and free workshops over in the Freight House, and BlueSKool for the youngsters in LeClaire Park.
Blues fans from all over the world have discovered the magic that is the Mississippi Valley Blues Festival. Considering the music, the ambiance of LeClaire Park, the great food and beverages from the vendors, the low cost of festival admission, and the budget-conscious price of local lodging, a discerning blues lover would be hard-pressed to find a better entertainment value anywhere on Earth.
The Mississippi Valley Blues Festival is one of the longest-running blues festivals in the country, and as far as I know the only one produced by an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization: the Mississippi Valley Blues Society. These volunteers have been working very hard for the past year to bring this year’s fest to fruition. Stop by the Blues Central tent to make a donation or buy a membership or just thank the fine folks of MVBS for all their hard work and sacrifice. Above all, enjoy the fest, have a great time, and patronize all of our wonderful sponsors that help make this a great experience every year!
Thank you for coming!
Tags See All Tags