- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- Download Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy OEM Intuit Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Corel DVD MovieFactory 6 PLUS
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS6
- 69.95$ Microsoft Office Access 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Download Solidworks 2014 Premium (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers cheap oem
- Download Altova XMLSpy 2009
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CS4
|Complete 2012 Blues Fest Coverage|
|Music - Mississippi Valley Blues Festival|
|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, 20 June 2012 05:59|
This page links to the River Cities’ Reader’s complete coverage of the 2012 Mississippi Valley Blues Festival, including new interviews with seven of this year’s performers and biographies of each artist.
Ticket information is here. The welcome letter from the Mississippi Valley Blues Society president is here. Biographies of workshop and BlueSKool leaders who are not performing on either the Bandshell or Tent stages are here.
June 29-July 1 • LeClaire Park • Downtown Davenport
Friday, June 29
Saturday, June 30
Sunday, July 1
Prices have been slashed for 2012!
Advance Tickets (through June 28)
At the Gate
Children 14 and under are free if accompanied by an adult.
Welcome, blues lovers, to the 28th-annual Mississippi Valley Blues Festival in Davenport, Iowa’s beautiful LeClaire Park! We have one of the best blues-festival venues in the world, flanked by the Rock Island Lines railroad on one side and the scenic Mississippi River on the other – an absolutely perfect place to listen to some of the world’s finest blues musicians. We have a great lineup again this year, as always, with a variety of blues styles to satisfy everyone’s blues taste buds – including familiar names as well as some nice surprises that you may not have heard of! Be sure to check out the free photo exhibit (with a 25-year retrospective of our fest by professional blues photographer David Horwitz) and free workshops over in the Freight House, and BlueSKool for the youngsters in LeClaire Park.
Blues fans from all over the world have discovered the magic that is the Mississippi Valley Blues Festival. Considering the music, the ambiance of LeClaire Park, the great food and beverages from the vendors, the low cost of festival admission, and the budget-conscious price of local lodging, a discerning blues lover would be hard-pressed to find a better entertainment value anywhere on Earth.
The Mississippi Valley Blues Festival is one of the longest-running blues festivals in the country, and as far as I know the only one produced by an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization: the Mississippi Valley Blues Society. These volunteers have been working very hard for the past year to bring this year’s fest to fruition. Stop by the Blues Central tent to make a donation or buy a membership or just thank the fine folks of MVBS for all their hard work and sacrifice. Above all, enjoy the fest, have a great time, and patronize all of our wonderful sponsors that help make this a great experience every year!
Thank you for coming!
Tags See All Tags