|Peniston Returns to the QCs for a Band Reunion|
|Music - Feature Stories|
|Tuesday, 07 August 2001 18:00|
• This Thursday will feature a couple of homecomings at some local taverns. The Ernie Peniston Band reunites for an August 9 show at O’Meara’s Pub in Bettendorf. Bo Butler, Joe Collins, and Tony Carton will join Peniston (front man for the Chicago Rhythm & Blues Kings) to perform blues tunes from his Quad Cities days.
The show starts at 8 p.m., and cover will be $4. On that same date, former Quad Citians (and current chiropractors) Bill Rector and Joe Dockery will play at Dalton’s in downtown Davenport. Rector played with the country-rock band Sneaky Feelin’ in the mid-’70s, while Dockery played in Deaf Bob and Spike. As you might expect, Palmer College’s Lyceum is the cause of the reunion.
• Quad Cities rock act Knuckle-Head is recording its first album. Although the album doesn’t yet have a title, the band says it will be on local store shelves next month. The band’s Web site is (http://www.knuckle-head.com).
• Blue Ash Ink is looking for a new lead singer. Erick Holloway has decided to pursue Hollywood acting dreams and has left the band. The group said it plans to continue and is searching for somebody to add “new elements” to its polished hard-rock sound.
• The Quad City Symphony Orchestra Association elected new officers at its July 10 annual meeting. Patricia E. Duffy of Pleasant Valley will serve as president, Dan Churchill of Orion will be executive vice president, Beth Dietz of Davenport will be secretary, and Sue Honsey of Davenport will be treasurer. The officers, all elected to two-year terms, lead the 50-member Quad City Symphony Orchestra Association Board of Trustees.
• In other symphony news, the Quad City Symphony Orchestra (QCSO) has announced that it will hold auditions on September 1 in Augustana College’s Music Building, beginning at 9 a.m. Interested musicians should contact Dennis Loftin, QCSO orchestra manager, at (563)322-0931 for further information and an audition packet. The QCSO season starts October 6.
We want your local music news! Phone (563-324-0049), fax (563-323-3101), or e-mail (jeff@rcreader) your news to Jeff.
Tags See All Tags