- Buy OEM Brainjuice Blogo MAC
- Buy BeLight Software Live Interior 3D Pro Edition MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 02 Drawing Fundamentals
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe InCopy CS5.5
- Download Excel 2010 Just the Steps For Dummies
- Discount - Kigo DVD Ripper 3 MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,de)
- Buy Cheap 4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5
- Discount - Apple iLife ’11 MAC
|2012 IOWA FARM BUREAU COOKOUT CHAMPION CROWNED AT STATE FAIR|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Heather Lilienthal, Iowa Farm Bureau|
|Wednesday, 15 August 2012 14:24|
WEST DES MOINES, IOWA – Aug. 14, 2012– Daryl Witt of Warren County was crowned the 2012 Iowa Farm Bureau Cookout Contest winner with his ‘Slap Yo’ Daddy’ Ribs recipe. Witt beat out 45 other grillers, representing counties from around the state, to win the 49th annual competition.
The annual Iowa Farm Bureau-sponsored contest featured outdoor chefs using their best grilling, roasting and smoking techniques. “Every year, we are amazed at the creativity of Iowa’s grillers. Each recipe has been tested and tasted and each one brings out the different traits of each type of meat,” said Iowa Farm Bureau President Craig Hill. “Our livestock farmers are so proud to raise healthy livestock that provide important sources of protein and inspiration for cooks like the ones at our annual contest.”
Cookout champion Witt won first place in the pork category before being selected by the judges as the overall winner. He received $200 and a permanent trophy as the cookout champion.
Other first place winners and their categories were William Hoffman, Jr., of Tama County, beef; Michelle Bruce of Benton County, lamb/goat; Jason Cronk of Tama County, poultry; and Nate Miller of Scott County, combo/specialty. All winners received $75.
Second place winners and their categories were Bruce Campbell of Hardin County, beef; Mike Vroom of Marion County, combo/specialty; Andy Wilson of Lee County, pork; and Tracy Christensen of Audubon County, poultry. All second place winners received $50.
Winners in special categories were youth first place – Lance Henrichs of Clarke County and youth second place – Amber Westemeier of Linn County; showmanship – Phil Cummings of Benton County; and team – Jason Kula and Alvin Westemeier of Linn County. The youth winner received a gas grill and $75 and second place received $50 from the Iowa Propane Association. The showmanship winner received $100. The team winners received $150.
Prize sponsors for the Cookout Contest include the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation, Farm Bureau Financial Services, GROWMARK, Inc., Iowa Propane Gas Association, Iowa Pork Producers Association, the Iowa Beef Industry Council, the Iowa Turkey Federation and the Iowa Poultry Association. The Iowa Sheep and Wool Promotion Board is also a sponsor of the contest.
Tags See All Tags