- Discount - VMware Fusion 5 MAC
- 9.95$ The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
- Download Macpaw MacHider Mac
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium
- Download ElcomSoft Advanced ARJ Password Recovery 2.0
- Discount - ACDSee Pro MAC
- Discount - Sony Vegas Pro 9
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Textures
- Buy Cheap Innovative Solutions Advanced Uninstaller Pro 9.5
- Buy SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit) (en)
- Download Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011
|A former student of Skip-a-Long Child Development Services is awarded a scholarship|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Tuesday, 01 June 2010 08:11|
(Moline, IL) Skip-a-Long keeps tracks of their alumni and each year awards an academic scholarship to help a former student with college costs. This year’s winner is Nicole Johnston. She was a student of Skip-a-Long from 1992 to 2002. Nicole is planning on attending Black Hawk College and then Western Illinois University and is grateful for the $750.00 scholarship to pursue her dream of a career in criminal justice. “I can honestly say that going to Skip-a-Long made me the person I am today,” says Nicole. “Everything I did there helped me learn about the basic traits a good person should have.”
The Virgie Wells Educational Scholarship was established in 2004. Since its inception, more than $5,000 has been given out to former students who plan on becoming full-time students at an accredited college or university. The scholarship is open to any graduating senior of the Quad Cities high school who is a former Skip-a-Long student and is graduating from high school with a grade-point average of 2.5 or higher.
Virgie Wells was an advocate of higher education. She was a teacher at Skip-a-Long for 30 years and touched the lives of many children and families.
Johnson will receive her scholarship at the June 2nd Skip-A-long board meeting. You can interview Johnson by calling her home 309-523-2873 or her cell 309-631-5823.
Tags See All Tags