- Buy OEM QuarkXPress 8
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Lynda.com - iOS 4 App Development New Features
- Discount - Adobe Flash CS3 Professional
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - V-Ray 2 0 for 3DS Max Essential Training
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Corel PhotoImpact X3
- Discount - Artlantis Studio 5 (32 bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium Digital Classroom
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics (en)
|A former student of Skip-a-Long Child Development Services is awarded a scholarship|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Tuesday, 01 June 2010 08:11|
(Moline, IL) Skip-a-Long keeps tracks of their alumni and each year awards an academic scholarship to help a former student with college costs. This year’s winner is Nicole Johnston. She was a student of Skip-a-Long from 1992 to 2002. Nicole is planning on attending Black Hawk College and then Western Illinois University and is grateful for the $750.00 scholarship to pursue her dream of a career in criminal justice. “I can honestly say that going to Skip-a-Long made me the person I am today,” says Nicole. “Everything I did there helped me learn about the basic traits a good person should have.”
The Virgie Wells Educational Scholarship was established in 2004. Since its inception, more than $5,000 has been given out to former students who plan on becoming full-time students at an accredited college or university. The scholarship is open to any graduating senior of the Quad Cities high school who is a former Skip-a-Long student and is graduating from high school with a grade-point average of 2.5 or higher.
Virgie Wells was an advocate of higher education. She was a teacher at Skip-a-Long for 30 years and touched the lives of many children and families.
Johnson will receive her scholarship at the June 2nd Skip-A-long board meeting. You can interview Johnson by calling her home 309-523-2873 or her cell 309-631-5823.
Tags See All Tags