- Download Mariner Write 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate
- Buy OEM Figure Drawing For Dummies
- 69.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit) cheap oem
- 59.95$ Altova SemanticWorks 2009 cheap oem
- Download proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit)
- 99.95$ Corel Painter 12 cheap oem
- Buy Sony ACID Music Studio 9 (en,es,fr,de,ja)
- Discount - Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- 99.95$ Adobe InDesign CS5.5 MAC cheap oem
|Arc’s Speak Out Announces 10th Anniversary Party|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Maureen Dickinson|
|Thursday, 14 January 2010 13:13|
Speak Out, the self-advocacy organization affiliated with The Arc of Rock Island County, announces plans to celebrate the founding of the group ten years ago. The event will be held Friday, January 22, 2010, from 1-2:30 p.m. in the Speak Out Room at Arc Industries located at 610 37th Avenue in Rock Island. The 10th Anniversary Party is free of charge and open to the public.
The celebration takes place the same week we honor the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., for his advancements in Civil Rights. Members of Speak Out actively engage in educating the public on the personal needs and rights of individuals with intellectual disabilities; collaborating with state-wide organizations to create an even louder voice for choices; and advocating for expanded rights to our elected officials. True to its motto, “Changing the words, changing minds,” Speak Out hosted a rally during Freedom Quest 2009 and joined forces with other local agencies, traveling to Springfield to advocate for a change in human services programming.
Founded in 1952, The Arc of Rock Island County serves more than 300 individuals with developmental disabilities daily. The mission of The Arc is living and working in partnership with the community to support individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
Tags See All Tags