- Download Ashampoo Firewall Pro
- 199.95$ Artlantis Studio 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- 9.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy QuarkXPress 10 MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,fr,de,es,it,pt,nl,sv,nb,da,ru,pl,cs)
- Buy OEM The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing
- Buy proDAD Heroglyph 4 Pro (64-bit) (en)
- Download Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Showcase 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Ableton Live 7 MAC
- Download Adobe InDesign CS4
- Discount - Lynda.com - Project Management Fundamentals
- Download Chief Architect Premier X6
|Braley to Travel to Iwo Jima Battlefield with Iowa Veteran|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Jeff Giertz|
|Wednesday, 14 March 2012 13:30|
Braley and Waterloo resident David Greene will participate program organized by nonprofit Greatest Generations Foundation
Washington, DC – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) will travel to Iwo Jima, Japan, with Marine Corps veteran David Greene of Waterloo next week as part of a program organized by the nonprofit Greatest Generations Foundation. The visit will be Greene’s first since fighting in the Battle of Iwo Jima in 1945. Braley has never visited the island.
Greene served in the Marine Corps during World War II and spent a month fighting at the Battle of Iwo Jima. Braley’s late father, Byard Braley of Brooklyn, Iowa, was also a veteran of the Marine Corps and fought on Iwo Jima.
The Greatest Generations Foundation, based in Denver, Colorado, organized a program so 12 American veterans could return to the Iwo Jima battlefield for the first time since the battle along with a class of students from The Ohio State University. Braley and US Rep. Ed Perlmutter (CO-07) are the highest-ranking US government officials accompanying the veterans.
“The legacy of my father’s service at Iwo Jima is incredibly meaningful to me,” Braley said. “Iwo Jima has always been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, so to have the chance to return to Iwo Jima and honor my father’s legacy with David Greene and this group of veterans is truly special.
“These veterans’ stories are such an important part of our nation’s history. To veterans like David, what happened on Iwo Jima more than 65 years ago was one of the most important events in their lives. It’s important to return to Iwo Jima so veterans like David can keep this history alive.”
Braley and Greene will depart for Iwo Jima this Friday March 9th. On Wednesday, March 14th, Braley and Greene will fly from Guam to Iwo Jima to spend the day at the battlefield and participate in memorial services. Braley will return to Iowa on March 15th.
For more information about the Greatest Generations Foundation, visit: http://tggf.us/
For a tribute to his father written by Rep. Bruce Braley, visit: http://bit.ly/xrMf5N# # #
Tags See All Tags