- Buy Alibre Design Expert 2012 (32-bit) (en,zh,cs,fr,de,hu,ja,ko,pl,pt,es,sv)
- Buy Cheap InstallShield X Express Edition
- Download Adobe SoundBooth CS4
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Suite
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2014 (32-bit) (de,en,fr,it,ko)
- Download Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- Buy Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Filmmaking For Dummies
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition
|Death of President Hoover Remembered with Presentation|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prado|
|Tuesday, 18 September 2012 14:49|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— Former President Herbert Hoover died in New York at the age of 90 on October 20, 1964. Five days later he was buried on a knoll overlooking his birthplace in West Branch, Iowa. Thousands paid their respects along the route from the airport in Cedar Rapids as an honor guard transported President Hoover to his burial place at what is now Herbert Hoover National Historic Site. His death offered an opportunity to reflect on his presidency, his long career of public service, and his numerous personal achievements. How did Iowa and the world remember him?
Join park ranger Kristin Gibbs for “In Memoriam: The Death of President Hoover” this October 20 at 1:00 p.m. in the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum. During the hour-long presentation, Ms. Gibbs will share the contents of archival letters, telegrams, photographs, and videos documenting the local and global remembrance President Hoover. Persons who attended or participated in the funeral procession and the burial ceremony are welcome to share their memories and experiences.
There will be no charge to attend the program; regular admission will be charged to visit the museum galleries. Parking is limited so please allow extra time to find a parking space.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. Parking is limited so please allow extra time to find a parking space. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags