- 379.95$ Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Cyberlink DVD Suite 5 Pro
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5 (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy FL Studio 8 XXL (en)
- Buy OEM Sage ACT Premium 2012
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set)
- Buy OEM openPim
|“Dribs + Daubs: Painters Mary Zeran and Dena Tollefson Explore Nature”|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Paula Neuhaus|
|Thursday, 22 September 2011 14:53|
Art Exhibit October 4-November 4, 2011
Opening Reception on October 4, 6-9 p.m.
[MAQUOKETA, IA] Maquoketa Art Experience welcomes Iowa artists Mary Zeran and Dena Tollefson this October for their group exhibit “Dribs + Daubs: Painters Mary Zeran and Dena Tollefson Explore Nature”. Through their work, the two Cedar Rapids artists explore various acts of exploration including scientific, observation, deconstruction, and creation. Each artist employs differing methods and materials in their paintings, but the common link is the innovative approaches to leaving a mark on a surface.
Dena Tollefson’s body of work is a unique process she developed called “Daubism”. A true colorist, Tollefson individually mixes oil paint and applies “daubs” to the canvas with a palette knife. The largest daubs are applied with a serving spoon, allowing ridges of paint to catch the light and appear to dance as the viewer moves past the painting. Tollefson has exhibited nationally in Texas, New York, California, and Georgia and in galleries throughout eastern Iowa. Her work is part of permanent collections in The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, St. Luke’s Hospital, and The Marion Arts Council.
Mary Zeran’s work is seeped with juicy color, organic forms and lots of movement. She uses drips as an expression of rhythm, and motion, translating feelings and sensations into visual form. Pushing the limits of collage, Zeran layers multiple pieces of acetate to create imaginary abstract worlds. Zeran has exhibited nationally at galleries in New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles and in galleries throughout eastern Iowa. Critics from Artweek, The New Art Examiner, and The Seattle Post-Intelligencer have reviewed her work. Her paintings are part of permanent collections with The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The University of Iowa, and The University of Iowa Hospitals. She is a recipient of the Len Everet Scholarship and a graduate of The University of Iowa.
Maquoketa Art Experience will host an opening reception for Mary Zeran and Dena Tollefson on Friday, October 4 from 6-9 p.m. at 124 S. Main Street in Maquoketa. The exhibit will run through November 4.
# # #
Tags See All Tags