- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - CSS Site Design
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe (en)
- Download Pixologic ZBrush 4 MAC
- 29.95$ Apple Motion 5 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 (64-bit)
- Download PhoneView 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium
- Buy Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Up and Running with Java Applications (en)
|Figge features free family fête|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 11:59|
Davenport, Iowa - September 2011 – In celebration of the French poster exhibition, “Turn of the Century Posters from the Krannert Art Museum”, the Figge will be hosting a free event for the whole family! On Saturday, October 1 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., “A Fabulously Fun French Family Event” will feature plenty of activities for even the youngest artiste. In studios 2, 3 and 4 families will be able to design posters, learn printmaking techniques from St. Ambrose instructors, and enjoy French-themed treats!
After the studio activities, families can listen to children’s stories from France, learn simple French words and phrases, and enjoy a film about Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec—France’s most famous poster designer!
A tour of the “Turn of the Century Posters” exhibition using the Parent & Child guide provided by the Figge is also encouraged. The guide can be downloaded from the museum homepage and explains four of the most popular posters in the exhibition, how they were designed, and why they were so successful. There will also be real-life objects from the posters on display! Families are invited to sketch the opera glasses, bicycle and people dressed in period costumes. Missing out on this free family event would be a real faux pas!
This event is sponsored by John Deere and Butler Insurance Services.
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in Downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Sundays noon to 5 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563-326-7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags