- Download Nikon Capture NX 2 MAC
- 9.95$ Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- 369.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Apple Mac Box Set
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax 2009 Home & Business
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- Download Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 SP2
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Standard with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Discount - Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions
|Nonfiction explores African culture from African perspective|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Author House|
|Tuesday, 05 March 2013 16:32|
Papers on Language and Culture: An African Perspective’ gathers academic writings into one volume
UPLAND, Ind. – Drawn from years of presentations and publications, “Papers on Language and Culture: An African Perspective” (published by AuthorHouse), by Mary Nyambura Muchiri, Ph.D., collects documents that explore African culture from a non-Western perspective.
“Papers on Language and Culture: An African Perspective” is about main African concepts like Ubuntu, Bantu rhetoric, African proverbs and naming systems. It deals with other issues such as women and land, African-initiated churches, academic writing and university examinations. The last section is on semantic domains of one of the Bantu languages.
An excerpt from “Papers on Language and Culture: An African Perspective”:
You are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others the permission to do the same.
Muchiri knows the need for her book is present. “We are living in a global society,” she says,
“Papers on Language and Culture: An African Perspective”
By Mary Nyambura Muchiri, Ph.D.
Softcover | 6 x 9 in | 292 pages | ISBN 9781438912363
E-Book | 292 pages | ISBN 9781468527353
Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
About the Author
Mary Nyambura Muchiri is an associate professor of English at Taylor University. She has a doctorate in linguistics from the University of Lancaster in the United Kingdom. Her other books are “Communication Skills: A Self-Study Course for Universities and Colleges” and “Saved Through Fire: A Family Experiences Kenya's War of Independence.” Her interests include research in college writing, colonial and post-colonial literature and women's issues.
Muchiri is also the author of “The Power of Story: Global Myths on the Origins and Character of Black People” and “His Banner Over Me Is Love: The dreams of An African Woman.”
Tags See All Tags