- 19.95$ Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 15: Creating a Sports Opening Title
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac Box Set
- Buy Navicat Premium 9 (en)
- 19.95$ Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe cheap oem
- Download Ableton Suite 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3
- Buy Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 MAC (en,ja)
- 9.95$ Photoshop CS5 For Dummies cheap oem
- Download GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 MAC
- Discount - Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
- Download ABest WMV Video Converter
|PAY DAY COMES AFTER WORK FOR DAVENPORT MAN|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Any Garringer|
|Thursday, 28 February 2013 09:24|
DES MOINES, Iowa – A Davenport man scratched a “Crossword” ticket to unwind after work, but ended up feeling more excited than he had all day.
Matt Gilmore, 36, claimed the 29th of 97 top prizes of $30,000 in Crossword at the Iowa Lottery’s regional office in Cedar Rapids on Friday.
“I just couldn’t believe it,” Gilmore said. “I was in shock.”
Gilmore said he had trouble sleeping before claiming his prize. He called his mom to tell her the big news, but she had a hard time believing him.
“Not at first, anyway,” Gilmore said.
Gilmore said news spread quickly at UPS in Davenport where he is a sorter and everyone is happy for him.
Gilmore hasn’t yet made plans for how to spend his winnings. He purchased his winning ticket at Sub Xpress & Gas, 4307 W. Locust St. in Davenport.
Crossword is a $3 scratch game. Players win a prize by uncovering at least three complete words in the ticket’s puzzle. If a player uncovers 10 words, he/she wins $30,000. The overall odds of winning a prize in the game are 1 in 3.82.
Sixty-seven top prizes of $30,000 are still up for grabs in Crossword, as well as 96 prizes of $3,000, more than 1,330 prizes of $300 and more than 6,400 prizes of $100.
Since the lottery’s start in 1985, its players have won more than $3 billion in prizes while the lottery has raised more than $1.4 billion for the state programs that benefit all Iowans.
Today, lottery proceeds in Iowa have three main purposes: They provide support for veterans, help for a variety of significant projects through the state General Fund, and backing for the Vision Iowa program, which was implemented to create tourism destinations and community attractions in the state and build and repair schools.
Tags See All Tags