- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Bokeh 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2010
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy Adobe SoundBooth CS4 MAC (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Buy OEM Pixologic ZBrush 4 MAC
- 299.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - iOS SDK Essential Training
- Buy OEM Aiseesoft Video Converter 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (32-bit)
- Buy CorelCAD 2014 MAC (en)
- 9.95$ Paragon NTFS 8 MAC cheap oem
|Simple Steps to Tackling 6 Common Holiday Stains from Northwest Carpet One Floor & Home|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Douglas Patch|
|Friday, 16 November 2012 09:30|
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 (Davenport, IA) — Holiday time can be hard on a home. House guests, parties, cooking and baking combined with a busy schedule often result in spills, stains and frustrations. Northwest Carpet One Floor & Home has compiled 6 common holiday stains along with simple cleaning steps to relieve holiday stress.
“Holiday stains don’t have to add stress to an already busy schedule. The keys to handling stains with ease are being prepared and responding quickly,” says Douglas Patch, of Northwest Carpet One Floor & Home. There are a few basic techniques to learn.
• Apply: Wet a clean, white (not printed) paper towel with a cleaning solution. Then dampen the carpet with it. Avoid wetting the carpet through to its backing.
Putting together a holiday stain “emergency kit” before the holidays begin can also help relieve some stress when accidents happen. A good “emergency kit” should include:
With the techniques and tools ready, a holiday stain is easier to handle. The steps below cover 6 of the most common holiday household stains that occur all over the house.
1. White Glue. Kids’ craft projects make great gifts. When the glue ends up on the floor instead of the project, first scrape or blot up excess spill. Then apply the detergent solution using a damp towel. Blot the stain - don't rub. Next, apply white vinegar (undiluted), using a damp towel and blot again. Apply water with a damp sponge. Blot again and finish by weighing down a half-inch thick pad of white paper towels to absorb all the moisture. Leave overnight if necessary.
2. Lipstick. In a hurry to get ready for a party, the lipstick gets dropped on the carpet. Start by scraping or blotting up the excess spill. Apply the detergent solution using a damp towel and leave 3-5 minutes. Blot and apply white vinegar (undiluted), using a damp towel. Apply water with damp sponge. Blot again and finish by weighing down a half-inch thick pad of white paper towels to absorb all the moisture. Leave overnight if necessary.
3. Candle Wax. Candles make any holiday celebration a little more festive. When the wax drips on the carpet, first scrape off excess wax. Cover the stain with brown paper and apply a warm iron until remaining wax is absorbed. Be sure paper is large enough to cover the stained area. Take care never to touch the iron to the carpet as the fiber might melt. Change paper or rotate to clean area and repeat until all material is absorbed.
You can also try scraping the spill and then freezing it with ice cubes. Shatter the frozen wax with a blunt object like the back of a large spoon. Vacuum chips away before they melt.
4. Red Wine. Instead of limiting your guests to clear beverages, be ready with these steps. Blot up excess spill as quickly as possible. Apply the detergent solution using damp towel and leave 3-5 minutes. Blot and apply white vinegar (undiluted), using a damp towel. Blot again. Finish by weighing down a half-inch thick pad of white paper towels to absorb all the moisture. Leave overnight if necessary.
5. Cooking Oil. Holiday cooking projects are fun for the whole family. A greasy stain should ruin the fun. First apply a dry cleaning solvent, using a dampened towel. Blot the stain, as rubbing will embed it further. Then repeat these steps, first applying a solvent and then blotting. Lastly, apply water with a dampened towel and blot-finish with a weighted pad of towels.
6. Chocolate. Holiday candies are an indulgent treat but when one gets dropped, it can cause a big mess. First, finish your remaining treat, and then scrape up excess spill. Apply detergent solution using a damp towel and blot. Apply white vinegar (undiluted), using a damp towel, blot and apply water with a damp sponge. Blot and finish by weighing down a half-inch thick pad of white paper towels to absorb all the moisture. Leave overnight if necessary.
About Northwest Carpet One Floor & Home
* Note: Not all carpet fibers react the same way when treated for stains. Before proceeding with any of the preceding cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the appropriate fiber company for their suggested maintenance guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines may void your warranty.
Tags See All Tags