- Buy OEM FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced MAC
- 9.95$ Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Kigo Video Converter Pro MAC (en)
- Discount - E-gadgets Delete Duplicate Files
- Download Nikon Capture NX 2 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC (en,da,de,ru,it,fr,es,fi,nl,nb,pl,sv,ja)
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC
- 69.95$ Adobe InCopy CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Panic CandyBar 3 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM MacPhun Intensify
- 39.95$ ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching
|With Tips from TOPS, Halloween Doesn’t Have to Be a Fright for Your Waistline|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Kimberly Greene|
|Tuesday, 25 October 2011 13:25|
MILWAUKEE, WI – Healthy and Halloween are not often used in the same sentence. Halloween is usually seen as a time to get dressed up, gather sugary treats, and enjoy the spookiness of the season. TOPS Club, Inc. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), the nonprofit weight loss support organization, provides tips to stock the kids’ bags with better treats, host a healthy party, and more.
It’s inevitable that kids will receive candy, so parents should take steps to limit sugar consumption. Feeding children a nutritious meal before trick-or-treating will help curb their urge to snack on sweets. Once the candy is home, adults can let kids pick out their favorite pieces and decide how much to have each day. The remaining candy can be put out of sight, donated to charity, or thrown away. This helps parents from overindulging, too.
Neighbors can promote healthier habits and offer alternatives to candy, so kids can enjoy the spooky evening without sacrificing nutrition. Here are some ideas to give to trick-or-treaters:
• Bouncy balls
• Sidewalk chalk
• Temporary tattoos
• Fun pencils and fancy erasers
• Spider rings
• Glow sticks
There are numerous treats and fall activities that can be incorporated into a Halloween party. Plan an event that gets guests of all ages moving and fills them with fun, good-for-you snacks.
• Replace sugary treats with nutritious party snacks. Apples with caramel or yogurt dip, roasted pumpkin seeds, apple cider, pumpkin muffins, a vegetable “skeleton,” a melon carved like a brain, and seasoned pretzels are some fall-themed options that everyone can enjoy.Make a vegetable skeleton at your next Halloween festivity:
1. Gather red pepper, a handful of carrot sticks, broccoli, some green beans, cherry tomatoes, a cucumber, celery sticks, cauliflower, or other vegetables.
• Shift kids’ focus from food to an activity. Have craft stations where children can create masks out of paper plates, make slime, color, and more.Halloween is time for slime, according to Disney’s familyfun.go.com:
1. Materials: Two mixing bowls, measuring cups, spoons, glue, borax, green food coloring, and water.2. Instructions: Mix together 3/4 cup warm water, one cup glue, and several drops of green food coloring in the first bowl. Using the second bowl, combine four teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 cups warm water. Pour the contents of the first bowl in the second bowl. Do not stir. Let it stand for one minute, then lift the “slime” out of the bowl. Use plastic bags to store the slime. Keep away from children under three years old.
TOPS Club Inc. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is the original weight-loss support and wellness education organization. Founded more than 63 years ago, TOPS is the only nonprofit, noncommercial weight-loss organization of its kind. TOPS promotes successful weight management with a “Real People. Real Weight Loss.” philosophy that combines support from others at weekly chapter meetings, healthy eating, regular exercise, and wellness information. TOPS has about 170,000 members - male and female, age seven and older - in nearly 10,000 chapters throughout the United States and Canada.Visitors are welcome to attend their first TOPS meeting free of charge. Membership is affordable at just $26 per year, plus nominal chapter fees. To find a local chapter, view www.tops.org or call (800) 932-8677.
Tags See All Tags