- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,it,pt,nl,sv,fr)
- Discount - Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
- 19.95$ Acala Video mp3 Ripper cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Pagemaker 7
- Discount - One Periodic Hand Off! 2
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - FrameMaker 10 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Running a Design Business: Designer-Client Agreements
- Discount - Macromates TextMate MAC
- Buy OEM BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013
- Discount - Navicat Premium 9 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2014
- Buy 4Media DVD Ripper Standard 5 (en)
|$10,000 and $25,000 grants available to rural school districts|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Kevin Stillman|
|Tuesday, 10 January 2012 14:27|
$10,000 and $25,000 grants available to rural school districts
ST. LOUIS (Jan. 6, 2012) – Statistics show that the U.S. ranks only 25th in math scores and 21st in science compared to 30 industrialized nations. These facts show that education is strongly in need of support. To help, Monsanto Fund, the philanthropic arm of Monsanto Company, is launching America’s Farmers Grow Rural Education℠ to aid rural school districts by providing $10,000 and $25,000 grants in 1,245 counties across 39 states.
“We believe our rural communities are the heart of America,” said Deborah Patterson, Monsanto Fund president. “We want to help strengthen local communities and education systems, especially in the areas of science and/or math. A strong science and math education helps build a foundation for many careers in agriculture, but also will help our students to be more competitive with those in larger cities and other nations.”
Grants will be awarded based on merit, need and community support. The America’s Farmers Grow Rural Education Advisory Council will select the winning grant application. This group is made up of 26 farmer leaders from across the country, who are passionate about both farming and rural education. The council members, from across the country, are actively engaged in their local communities through various leadership positions, such as a member of the local School Board, an active Farm Bureau leader or a member of an educational organization or committee within various organizations. The council is responsible for reviewing the top grant applications to select the winning school. These individuals are passionate about both agriculture and education, which is essential when choosing the best grant.
The program started with a successful pilot in Illinois and Minnesota, in which farmers were given the opportunity to nominate a public school district in 165 eligible counties in those two states. The Monsanto Fund awarded more than $266,000 to local schools in 16 CRDs through the pilot.
The America’s Farmers Grow Rural Education program is part of a broad commitment by Monsanto Fund to highlight the important contributions farmers make every day to our society by helping them grow their youth. Visit www.growruraleducation.com for additional information and to view a complete list of winning school districts.
About Monsanto Fund
Tags See All Tags