- Download Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy OEM Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Buy Adobe Audition 2 (en)
- 19.95$ Corel Home Office 5 (Personal & Business) cheap oem
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS4 MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,fi,no,sv)
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Dreamweaver CS4 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download ZoneAlarm Pro 9
- 69.95$ Alien Skin Exposure 5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 6 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Nik Software Dfine 2.0
|1500 Ton Building Largest Museum Move in U.S. History|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Shelby Kraus|
|Monday, 20 June 2011 12:34|
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (June 17, 2011) – The historic move of the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library (NCSML) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa begin its journey on June 18. Patterson Structural Moving plans to start the pivot of the building in the morning and expects it to get to the staging area by the end of the day
“Lightening or severe weather are the only things that will stop our 1500 building from moving,” said CEO/President Gail Naughton.
The moving company has placed heavy metal plates over the road and will proceed with the pivot. The river side will then become the front side of the relocated and elevated museum. Plans call for moving the building just parallel with the new foundation/parking garage.
Plans have been finalized for the historic relocation of the flood damaged building currently located at 30 Sixteenth Ave. SW. Once the structure is secured and relocated, it will
be elevated to its final height 11ft. above where it sits today and 3 ft. above the level of the 2008 flood. It will then be rolled on to the new foundation and finally set down and secured in place.
“Live webcams on www.NCSML.org will allow viewing around the clock for the many people around the world interested in viewing all the activity. We are excited that this exceptional moment in the museum’s history is finally coming to fruition. The expansion and renovation of this museum and library is a major milestone in flood recovery and an historic event for the city and the state of Iowa,” said Naughton.
To see an animation on how the building will be moved, visit http://www.ncsml.org/Content/
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library, located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is the leading United States institution preserving and interpreting Czech and Slovak history and culture. It inspires people from every background to connect with Czech and Slovak history and culture.
Tags See All Tags