- Discount - Acala AVI DivX MPEG XviD VOB to PSP
- Buy Cheap Corel VideoStudio Pro X3
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,hu,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Pro Tools 11
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2014 Premium (32-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC
- Buy Cheap CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection
- Download Alien Skin Snap Art 3 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Linotype FontExplorer X Pro 4 MAC
- 19.95$ Acala DVD to Pocket PC cheap oem
|1644th Transportation Company Returns from Kuwait|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by National Guard PAO Illinois|
|Tuesday, 03 April 2012 15:11|
Homecoming Ceremonies Planned April 5 at Rock Falls and Springfield National Guard Armories
ROCK FALLS, IL (04/03/2012)(readMedia)-- Homecoming ceremonies are scheduled for April 5 for approximately 170 Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers with the 1644th Transportation Company in Rock Falls. Ceremonies will take place in Rock Falls and Springfield.
Mobilized in July 2011, the 1644th deployed to Kuwait in August in support of Operation New Dawn and Enduring Freedom.
The mission of the 1644th included hauling cargo throughout Iraq and Kuwait. The unit completed approximately 175 transportation missions in Kuwait and Iraq with no casualties. The Soldiers traveled 4.1 million miles, hauled more than 35,000 tons of cargo and transported more than 7,500 pieces of equipment to help the United States in its withdrawal from Iraq. The achievements of the 1644th resulted in 185 awards, including 28 Soldiers recommended for Bronze Stars. The 1644th also received a Unit Safety Streamer for its vigilance while deployed.
The 1644th was the last long-haul transportation convoy to leave Iraq Dec. 18, 2011 as the United States concluded operations in Iraq.
"This was a historic moment for the United States of America and the people of Iraq," said Capt. Michael Barton of Greenview, commander of the 1644th. "Just the fact that the Illinois National Guard and the 1644th played such a big part in the final convoy is very special."
The 1644th was previously mobilized in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom from October 2004 to October 2005.
Media attending one of the homecoming ceremonies should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the anticipated start time. Media attending the Springfield ceremony are asked to RSVP to the Public Affairs Office at 217-761-3569 to be granted access onto Camp Lincoln.
Location/Time/Number of Soldiers
Rock Falls Armory; 716 6th Ave.; Rock Falls at Noon for approximately 115 Soldiers
Camp Lincoln; 1301 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Springfield at 8 p.m. for approximately 60 Soldiers
Become our Facebook Fan!
Tags See All Tags