- Buy Ashampoo ClipFisher (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (64 bit)
- 69.95$ Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Default Folder X 4.6 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap DropDMG 3.2 MAC
- Download Adobe Flash CS4 Professional MAC
- Buy Adobe Flash CS4 Professional MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,fi,no,sv)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Pixologic ZBrush 4R6 MAC
- Buy OEM ElcomSoft Advanced Office Password Breaker 1.40
- Buy OEM Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra
|17-THOUSAND RAISED FOR CANCER RESEARCH IN MEMORY OF PORT BYRON NATIVE|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Nancy Strub|
|Monday, 26 November 2012 15:28|
PORT BYRON, IL – The first annual “Nick Teddy Fight Against Ewing’s Sarcoma 5k” raised more than $17,000 dollars for Ewing’s Sarcoma research.
A donation of $17,158.67 has been made to the Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Initiative. Funds will be used to provide research grants to expert investigators who will eventually find a cure for the rare cancer.
“We are very grateful to Nick’s family and friends for organizing this wonderful event,” said Founders of the Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Initiative Bruce and Beverly Shriver of Ossining, N.Y.
“This will help us fund research which will lead to better treatments for this disease and to an eventual cure,” they added.
Nick’s mother Nancy Strub of Port Byron, Ill., said, “We’ve very carefully chosen the Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Initiative as the best option to earmark funds specifically for quality Ewing’s research.”
“Nick would have insisted on that,” she said.
For Nick’s wife Krissy Strub of Omaha, Neb., the first 5k was an emotional day with family and members of the community who came together to remember and celebrate her husband.
“I’m absolutely blown away by the amount of effort put in by the race committee as well as the support from the community,” she said, adding she hopes this first year is a stepping stone for bigger events centered around Ewing’s Sarcoma research.
The Shriver’s agreed.
“We hope people came away from this event with a commitment to help us with our mission of funding research that will bring hope to families worldwide,” they said.
Race Director Holly Quinn of Port Byron, Ill., said she’s thrilled with this year’s turnout and support.
“I think Nick would have loved the celebration,” she said. “He loved to get people together for a good cause and a good party!” said Quinn of her brother-in-law.
More information about the Nick Teddy Foundation and upcoming events can be found online: http://www.NickTeddy.org.
Photos from the 5k can be viewed on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NickTeddyOrg) and on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/NickTeddyOrg).
Tags See All Tags