- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office Project Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013
- Buy OEM ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (64 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- Buy OEM VMware Fusion 6 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012
- Download Adobe Framemaker Server 10
- Discount - SmileOnMyMac textexpander 3 MAC
- Download Adobe Fireworks CS4
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
- Buy Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (32bit) (ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,br,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh,tw)
- Buy CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (32-bit) (en,es,fr,pt)
|2011 Stitch This! Teams Named|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Monday, 18 July 2011 13:01|
2011 Stitch This! Teams Named
AMES, Iowa – Teams for the 2011 Stitch This! 4-H Design Challenge at the Iowa State Fair have been chosen. Nine teams of Iowa teens will tear up and recreate garments that capture the theme, “America the Beautiful.”
Each team consists of three or four youth, and at least one member must be in 4-H. The competition begins Friday, Aug. 19 and ends Saturday, Aug. 20 with a fashion show on the 4-H Exhibits Building’s main stage that will showcase the teams’ designs. Teams are judged upon creativity, concept, teamwork, workmanship and presentation.
“I just love to see Iowa youth pushing themselves out of their comfort zones and showing creativity and skills,” said Karen Frank, Stitch This supervisor. “The participants work so hard and really exemplify what teamwork is all about.”
Stacey’s Prom and Formalwear is donating more than 100 prom dresses to the Stitch This challenge. Each team must select at least three donated dresses to use as material for creating a completely new garment.
The dresses created in the competition will be featured at Stacey’s Prom and Formalwear in Urbandale for at least a month after the event. The winning team’s design will be professionally prototyped, mass produced and made available in 65 stores nationwide as part of Stacey’s Prom and Formalwear 2012 prom line. A portion of the proceeds from sales of the dress will benefit the Iowa State University Extension 4-H Youth Development clothing project area.
2011 Stitch This! Teams
Iowa high school youth who completed grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 were eligible to apply for the competition. The following teams will participate in Stitch This at the Iowa State Fair.
The Curvie Collection: Allison Lansman, Breanna Anderson, Tristin Nelson and Sarah Rethwisch, Webster County
Sequin Sisters: Tayler Veldhuizen, Lydia Sharp, Kenley Rogers and Lauren Schossow, Polk County
Sew Fashionable: Yesenia Vargas, Yessica Iraheta, Emalie Cipale and Destiny Murphy, Polk County
FashionEASTas: Brenda Baccam, Ona Luong, Choua Thao and Dacey Nguyen, Polk County
Entredeux Amie: Shelby VanSteenwyk, Rachel Morgan, Jocelyn Beaver and Carrie Adrian, Marion County
Attraente Unicornio: Jose Lupercio, Stephenie Gabriel, Nyacudaer Yor and Dehann Ashley,Polk County
The Stitch Girls: Tirzah Beam, Elizabeth Veldboom, Liz Meyerholz and Michelle Buboltz, Pottawattamie, Iowa and Cass counties
Three Corners Design Team: Kellie O’Byrne, Eleya Raim and Jordan Hullinger, Plymouth, Johnson and Decatur counties
The Four Stitches: Tyra Watson, Morgan Heim, Bobbi Jo Wild, Patricia Townsend, Van Buren and Allamakee counties
Sponsor a Stitch This! Team
It costs $200 to support a Stitch This team, Frank said. Sponsorship helps coordinators provide upkeep for the sewing equipment, print marketing and promotional materials and purchase supplies, admission tickets and t-shirts for participants and volunteers.
Tags See All Tags