- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS6 Bible cheap oem
- Download Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013 MAC (en)
- Download ActiveState Komodo IDE 4.4
- Discount - NewTek LightWave 3D 10 MAC
- Buy Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual (en)
- Download Adobe InDesign CS4
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2011
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition
|27th Annual Galena Nouveau Wine Weekend, “Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé!”|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Janelle Keeffer|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 12:15|
French-inspired Nouveau wine tradition is a 27-year tradition in Galena, Illinois
GALENA, Ill. – “Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé!” Simply translated, “Wine lovers: get ready, get set, go!” The third Thursday of November marks the annual release of Beaujolais Nouveau and the opportunity to be among the first to sample the new, shortly fermented wine, previewing the current year’s fall harvest.
In France, this tradition began more than a century ago. In Galena, Illinois, it kicked off at the hands of Galena Cellars Vineyard & Winery in 1985. Today, it’s grown to be a full-blown community celebration inviting epicureans of all levels to enjoy all things wine.
The weekend officially kicks off at noon on Friday, November 18 with traditional French stew and wine-inspired lunches at many area restaurants. At 2:30 pm, the familiar “clip clop” of horse hooves will be heard throughout Galena’s downtown. On board the horse-drawn wagons sporting revelers is a celebrated guest that will have the entire town in merriment all weekend—Galena Cellars’ 2011 Nouveau wine.
Local restaurants continue the celebration with live music, wine tasting, dinner specials and receptions. Throughout the weekend, wine lovers can also enjoy vineyard tours (Galena boasts three area vineyards open to the public), winemaker dinners, wine-inspired pampering such as spa and shopping specials and lodging packages.
Offered for the second year in a row is the Grand Tasting, providing the opportunity to sample a variety of more than 200 wines—worldwide wines from Albarino to Zinfandel. From value-priced Chardonnays to pedigreed Cabernets, this tasting has it all and is a great value at only $30 per person ($35 at the door). The Grand Tasting takes place on Saturday, November 19 from 3:30-6 pm at Galena’s Convention Center (900 Galena Square Drive).
Advanced tickets purchase (recommended), as well as a complete list of weekend happenings are available online at www.nouveauweekend.com. Additional area offerings and visitor information may be found at the Galena/Jo Daviess County Convention and Visitors Bureau at www.galena.org or by calling 877.464.2536. While in town, visit the CVB’s Old Train Depot Visitor Information Center at 101 Bouthillier St. (corner of Park Avenue) for on-site assistance and countywide information.
# # #
Tags See All Tags