- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 (en)
- Buy Parallels Desktop 7 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Expression Web 2
- Buy Nik Software Silver Efex Pro MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - InDesign Tables In Depth cheap oem
- Buy OEM Nik Software HDR Efex Pro
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Viveza 2
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Creating Dynamic Menus
- Discount - PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy BinaryFruit DriveDX 1.2 MAC (en)
|3 Rivermont Collegiate Students Advance in National Merit Scholarship Competition|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Brittany Marrieta|
|Friday, 18 April 2014 08:35|
Rivermont is pleased to announce 3 juniors (11th grade) have met the requirements to continue in the 2015 National Merit Scholarship Competition based on their October 2013 PSAT scores.
Grace Moran, daughter of Mark and Lori Moran of Rock Island, Michal Porubcin, son of Dr. Michal and Chae Hee Porubcin of Coal Valley, and Suhas Seshadri, son of T.V. Seshadri and H.M. Rathna of Bettendorf, are among the 50,000 highest scorers of the 1.5 million juniors who took the PSAT last October. They are recognized as "showing outstanding academic potential" and have the opportunity to place as a Commended Student or Semifinalist when names are released in September 2014. Semifinalists will then have the opportunity to continue in the competition to earn one of about 8,000 scholarships.
The National Merit Scholarship Program is an academic competition for recognition and scholarships that began in 1955. High school students enter the competition by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) - a test which serves as an initial screen of approximately 1.5 million entrants each year. Of those, some 50,000 with the highest PSAT/NMSQT scores qualify for recognition. In September, these high scorers are notified that they have qualified as either a Commended Student or Semifinalist. About two-thirds of the approximately 50,000 high scorers are recognized as Commended Students and about one-third as Semifinalists. Semifinalists may then advance to Finalist standing and approximately 8,000 Finalists are selected to receive a Merit Scholarship award.
For additional information on the National Merit Scholarship Program, visit:
For additional information on Rivermont Collegiate, visit
Tags See All Tags